Active Spkrs.. Vanatoo vs Other's

????

Many products claim best in the world - unless one hear it you cannot say

anyone heard these?

Also compared to Genelac is really Audicious but some interesting things

Genelac has 2 amplifiers / pers speaker total 4 amps for pair - Vanatoo has 1 amp in active speaker - that is dis balanced active - passive amp combination.

Vantoo again fitted a DAC but Genelac has fantastic DSP also a pretty advanced DAC which only do not have USB input !

My 2 cents ...

Valid observation. As with many folks i was googling around for actives for a few months.One of the big difficulties is getting to audition active's on similar lines we generally do for separates (amp+spkr) combo.Maybe dealers possibly find this conflicting to carry actives or lack of awareness/demand or cost's or ability to convince customer's.

Now most of the 2.0 market space is re-energised with the LP comeback it makes commercial sense to offer what the customer's need. Possibly this driving additional demand back into 2.0 integrated amps.

On a another note from a product perspective (only a point of view) :Since last 8yrs there appears to be a point of entry for new (disruptive business R&D co's)and existing manufacturer's to build a new revenue stream with active.Specifically loudspkr mfr's are now very well placed take advantage of this assuming they have a distribution setup in place or a great forum/blog.

Recently i was looking to audition to JBL LSR305's but the local dealer is currenly not in a position to audition. There operational aspects as you still need a pre-amp to control the volume as the pots are mostly at the back for most of these designs.Many pro audio products dont offer remote as these sit near mixing console.

It appears that as of now for integrated+passive spkrs seem to offer a balance of convenience,sound,availability and cost.Then the additional ability for tweaking with other systems with this seperate setup.

Infact i do have a very entry level DIY /module 2-way active kit.I would think (this is a assumption) that one needs a significant step up in loudspkr driver selection to get the advantage over a bought out system. Earlier build's done include the Aspen AKSA N55+.

Thanks.

A quick note about Vanatoos.

I have not heard them but someone whose ears I trust a lot swears by them. For the money you pay, they are apparently fantastic !! A class act..

Just a quick note to say I recently heard the Vanatoo transparent T1 and they sound decent but I prefer the mids and the highs on the Epoz Aktimate Mini+. The passive radiator on the Vanatoo makes the bass superior though

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back