• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Active Subwoofer

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

RD-hunk

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum.:) I wanna set up a home theater system in my living room. It's a small room(12' x 15' only) for me to whatever best can be done. I love to watch Hollywood Action movies and love all type of music. So its 50-50 use for both. My budget would be around 75k for avr+speakers+asw. I know in my budget its really tough to get satisfactory sound :sad:
I have shortlisted Taga Harmony 606 v.3 with yamaha HTR-3067 costing me 27k + 25.5k. So i am left with only 22.5k.:confused: In this budget I saw Boston Acoustics ASW 250 available on ebay. Is it going to be a good purchase. Anyone of you ever used the sub from B.A. I need some helf from you guys. Any type of suggestion regarding avr, speakers or the sub, please share with me. :sos:
Thank you :signthankspin:

sanloyn

For your love for Hollywood action movies and also music, then I think you will have to look at Marantz AVR.
Boston Acoustics ASW 250 is a good sub.
Why not look at pre-owned stuff as you have a limited budget. Or you will have to think of setting up the HT one by one.
Audition is the key.

efernand1

Hi,

Hifi mart selling those Tagas for 25k....you need to decide a good avr....

I had posted a group buy for Taga subs either sw10 or tsw200.

I can arrange a good rate for the sub...pls PM me...if interested.

elangoas

Hi everyone I am new to this forum.:)

Wc to the forum.

I wanna set up a home theater system in my living room. It's a small room(12' x 15' only) for me to whatever best can be done. I love to watch Hollywood Action movies and love all type of music. So its 50-50 use for both. My budget would be around 75k for avr+speakers+asw. I know in my budget its really tough to get satisfactory sound :sad:

Not really..75K is a very good budget.. Plenty of options..What counts is if you are satisfied with your set-up..

I have shortlisted Taga Harmony 606 v.3 with yamaha HTR-3067 costing me 27k + 25.5k. So i am left with only 22.5k.:confused: In this budget I saw Boston Acoustics ASW 250 available on ebay. Is it going to be a good purchase. Anyone of you ever used the sub from B.A. I need some helf from you guys. Any type of suggestion regarding avr, speakers or the sub, please share with me. :sos: Thank you :signthankspin:

You have already chosen a good system for your money.. Since you have already considered Taga Harmony 606 speaker package, suggest you to consider a sub-woofer from Taga for your remaining budget.. There are 2 budget models for less than your budget of 22.5K

Spend the saved/remaining money on speaker cables...

RD-hunk

A big thank you to all you guys to show interest.
In that particular 22.5 K budget i have plenty of options for the ASW. That's how i get confuse....There are Taga/Thonet & Vander/Boston Acoustics/Polk audio....etc. But I want my first experience is to come out well.
Speakers done.... :)
Subwoofer and AVR yet to be finalize.....give me final few names and model nos. I would go for audition.
I am gonna decide the AVR first as this is the most important part.