Adam Audio

vineetrad

Hi,

Any Bangalore members who have Adam audio monitors? I'm considering getting a pair of f7s from bajaao for my smallish work room.

Thanks Fantastic. Yes, I have read most of the reviews. Was interested to chat with any forum members who might have direct experience with Adam audio monitors

my friend was working with a reputed FM station for a bit and he sampled Adams there. Their tweeter is quite decent. Ribbon tweeters are generally very good.

Although you should check out the reviews on Youtube where people have compared this with other brands like Genelec, etc. and these weren't your one stop shop solution.

However, if as per the reviews, it suits your palate, go ahead with it.

Hi,

Any Bangalore members who have Adam audio monitors? ...

Hello vineetrad,

not from Bangalore but I've had the A8X and A77X for a considerable time in my listening room. The A77X fitted better to my requirements. But what's your question?

Cheers

Sorry about reviving an old thread, anyone know of a dealer for Adam in Bangalore?

Any forum members own either the A7X or F7 in Bangalore? I would like to audition before going the active route for my main system. I am approaching this with a great deal of caution as pro monitors do not always work well in home audio application. I heard Genelec and I found the sound quite aggressive. The Focal CMS 50 is also on my radar. These things cost a packet and I want a little bit of reassurance before going for it.

Thanks, I have sent an inquiry.

Now to see if any FM in Bangalore has the Adams or the Focals. DNI can procure the Focals but not available for audition.

Last edited:
Maybe you could look at KRK which have had favourable mention in the forum

NEVER.
Worst Support.
I have a Focus 8 that is not working for the past 11 ++ months [under W] & it not being serviced / repaired by the company or the D & D
I would never recommend this.
Buy Genelec. Far better.
Super Support at least.

The A*x series from Adam has pretty good monitors across the range. They have a very detailed and clear sound. The highs are very crisp and smooth, the mids and bass are fast and 'aggressive'. Both the highs and lows are attenuable. You will find it difficult to get the same sound from the passive monitors. If you are looking for a non-aggressive and relaxed sound, do not consider monitors (from any company). A silk dome based pleasant sounding implementation from the likes of Wharfedale may suit you better.

Regards

Last edited:
  • Adam -- Ever Green
  • KRK -- Good, but not durable (So many bad review after 2/3 years of usage)
  • Pre-Sonus -- All rounder
  • Mackie -- This is my favorite.. best value for money, period.
  • Genelec -- I own them, so can't admire.
  • Yamaha -- Ok ok type
  • Dynaudio -- Expensive.. Not much value addition with the premium
  • Sonodyne -- Good, but expensive, I don't know, why these are expensive, even manufactured in India. HUH.

Surprised about no mention of Neumann KH120 here. I do own them. Will be happy to give a demo to interested fm in Blore.

Surprised about no mention of Neumann KH120 here. I do own them. Will be happy to give a demo to interested fm in Blore.

Thank you for the offer, an opportunity to audition these speakers will be a singular treat.I am in Bangalore South, let me know what might be a good time. I read up on the Neumann company and nearly everything they make is evidently heirloom quality. These monitors seem to be highly regarded. the Focal CMS 65 is probably the only other monitor in this range that could possibly be competitive.

I know these are expensive, but can you let us know where you sourced these from and how much they cost.

Thank you for the offer, an opportunity to audition these speakers will be a singular treat.I am in Bangalore South, let me know what might be a good time. I read up on the Neumann company and nearly everything they make is evidently heirloom quality. These monitors seem to be highly regarded. the Focal CMS 65 is probably the only other monitor in this range that could possibly be competitive.

I know these are expensive, but can you let us know where you sourced these from and how much they cost.

I am in RT Nagar. Any weekend should be fine.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back