ADC to DAC?

sunder

Hi friends, Please clarify for the thing that my aged (15 years)Rotel player's Digial coax output socket get 50% oxidised since it is never used. Now it is needed to connect a DAC. But I am now hesitant to use with a not so clean socket. Can I connect first from the regular analog RCA left &right to 'Analog to Digital' converter then to DAC? Is it possible? How can I discard my much loved Rotel? Please pour some ideas. Thanks in Advance.
Best regards.

If you have relation or friend in the US, ask him to get you a bottle of Deoxit. It cleans AV contacts beautifully. Please look up DeoxIT for more details. The small bottle is just 10$.

Cheers

If you have relation or friend in the US, ask him to get you a bottle of Deoxit. It cleans AV contacts beautifully. Please look up DeoxIT for more details. The small bottle is just 10$.

Cheers
Thank you Venkatji, I searched for Deoxit on 20north, they have, but it's much priced as more than 1.5k!. Ok, let me try elswhere in India.

Sunder
As Cranky mentioned ISO Alcohol is available in all leading medical stores for just Rs.15 /100ml . I have used ISo Alcohol with the sand paper on my Old Technics amplifier and the end result is satisfactory.

Hi friends, Please clarify for the thing that my aged (15 years)Rotel player's Digial coax output socket get 50% oxidised since it is never used. Now it is needed to connect a DAC. But I am now hesitant to use with a not so clean socket. Can I connect first from the regular analog RCA left &right to 'Analog to Digital' converter then to DAC? Is it possible? How can I discard my much loved Rotel? Please pour some ideas. Thanks in Advance.
Best regards.

That will be like making chicken curry by cutting tandoori chicken....
just clean the sockets or get the socket from good stores like vintage audio lab in ebay and fix it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back