Add Streaming to my Audio setup

avinandan012

I am looking to add a device which will enable me to add
  • streaming
  • wireless connectivity
  • internet radio
to my audio setup.

After searching a bit found Yamaha WXC-50. This is available on amazon.in .
Are there any other similar device present in the market(India)?

If you're budget is limited, then the Chromecast is one of the best options.
It has wireless connectivity, internet radio and streaming that you are looking for.
However it's a little difficult to find one as it has been discontinued.
If you're budget extends to 50k, then there are other options like the Arcam rplay, Cambridge Cxn, Bluesound Node and Marantz NA6005 at different price points.

Last edited:
Paradigm PW link, Denon Heos link, Blusound node 2i are some of the options available today in market with reasonable prices tag. If budget is not constrained then Cambridge audio, NAD, Marantz etc offers better quality products with similar features.

Thanks for your suggestions. Out of above options these two looks promising
  • Cambridge Cxn
  • Marantz NA6005
Are these available in any store in India and any idea about price in INR?

If you are looking for something really inexpensive with decent quality then checkout Amazon Echo Input. I recently purchased one during holiday sales for just $10. It connects via 3.5mm jack directly to the amp. I'm quite happy with it as it supports both Amazon and Apple Music.

Why don't you try volumio software running on Allo digione signature platform?
seems like a fun project to build and try.

"Amazon Echo Input " - this is fine for my needs as of now. Cheap and decent. Thanks @rahulin

not available on amazon.in :(

Last edited:
seems like a fun project to build and try.

"Amazon Echo Input " - this is fine for my needs as of now. Cheap and decent. Thanks @rahulin

not available on amazon.in :(
Has anyone tried Echo>Echo Link>Amp or Echo>Echo Link>External DAC>Amp combination?? Got this idea from a you tube video.

I have an echo dot hooked to a set of creative 2.1 speakers in my daughter's room. It can stream from Jio Saavan and Apple music. I am sure other providers can be added too. Sounds quite good.

MaSh

I am looking to add a device which will enable me to add
  • streaming
  • wireless connectivity
  • internet radio
to my audio setup.

After searching a bit found Yamaha WXC-50. This is available on amazon.in .
Are there any other similar device present in the market(India)?
if you are looking far a budget streamer go for allo digione player buyt you need a external dac for this to work or else you can go for allo boss2 which has a built-in dac inside it. This will sound good for the money. Dont go for amazon echo/chromecast audio as they do not sound that good.

If you have a lap with a good condition battery, use battery power , download Audirvana and use tidal or qobuz and the free remote app. You can also have all your favorite music in the hard disc and toggle seamlessly between streaming and stored music.

Yes, Get an used PI3 or PI4.
I have tried both PI3 and PI4. PI3 has lower noise floor because the CPU runs at a lower speed. PI4 is more powerful. Since Pi4 is more powerful, there will be many who will be discarding PI3. Good time to buy them.

People have measured and found Pi4 with a worse noise floor

I have tried both PI3 and PI4. PI3 has lower noise floor because the CPU runs at a lower speed. PI4 is more powerful. Since Pi4 is more powerful, there will be many who will be discarding PI3. Good time to buy them.

People have measured and found Pi4 with a worse noise floor

On the flip side I have heard rbpi 4 now has separate bus for Ethernet and usb which should theoretically lead to less interference while using usb audio out

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back