Add sub to Marantz PM6006 Amp

Aman-M

Hi all,

Need your suggestion.

I have Marantz PM6006 amp paired with Elac B6 speaker. Now am planning to add sub-woofer in this setup, unfortunately amp doesn't have dedicated sub-out.

Could you please suggest how can i pair the sub with amp/speaker.

If you can also suggest the pro and cons of this setup and connecting sub to amp/speaker will this have any negative impact on any of the unit.

Hi all,

Need your suggestion.

I have Marantz PM6006 amp paired with Elac B6 speaker. Now am planning to add sub-woofer in this setup, unfortunately amp doesn't have dedicated sub-out.

If you can also suggest the pro and cons of this setup and connecting sub to amp/speaker will this have any negative impact on any of the unit.
Check for a sub with High level/speaker level input feature.

Am trying to add taga-sub, these are the high/low input available.
New to HT world, if you guys could provide more info on connections.

Attachments

• taga.png
    taga.png
    991.4 KB · Views: 108
Hi all,

Need your suggestion.

Connecting a sub is easy, but integrating them to the front speakers whether BS/ FS is not that easy and can leave you frustrated. It would be nice if you give a second thought to your plans.

Running a 2.1 setup with a subwoofer

IMO - there is lot written about "integration" of subwoofer without understanding that each of us runs a stereo or video
that is imperfect in one way or another.

To my mind, adding a sub has the potential to enhance the presentation of music.

There are 3 ways to connect a sub to your integrated amp :-

( in no preferred order )

a. If your amp has a sub-out - then a pair of RCA interconnects from amp sub out to subwoofer is possible

b. Else you can take signals from the speaker terminals of the integrated amp and supply that to your subwoofer . In this case 1 end of the wire will be an small eye hole type and other end will be banana connector or bare wire - to connect to the HIGH LEVEL inputs on your subwoofer

c. It is possible to take signals ( bare wire or eye hole type ) from the back of the speaker panel and feed it to your subwoofer

There will be no loss of signal from your amp to the speaker.

IMO - a subwoofer brings a lot to the table.

If your room is small - a nice 6 inch sealed sub for music will be fun

If large room - then look at larger drivers - as funds permit

try for a sealed subwoofer for music

Good luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an idea. If you have just one source, hook it up to a MiniDSP, which will give you two pre-outs. One goes to the SUB, the other to the amp.

Will work only if you have a single input /source.

I have connected the output of my pre to the low level input of my Wharfedale SW150 sub and its low level output to the amp input. Crossover and gain on the subwoofer amp set to suit my taste.

Am trying to add taga-sub, these are the high/low input available.
New to HT world, if you guys could provide more info on connections.
I have tried using the same subwoofer (Taga SW 10 has high-level speaker inputs) with my poweramp without dedicated subwoofer out, these videos should help you out...

(I have used this, the RCA input of sub is connected to my AVR)

Hi all,

Need your suggestion.

After reading your plight I remember I had a Kef subwoofer that that would not connect to my marantz pm6006 uk amp so I gave up. Any how I got it down & you gave me the urge to try another way of connecting them, Well I finally achieved it. Luckily the amp has another 2nd set of speaker output to which I connected the wires to the subwoofer inputs, the pictures explain better. Hope it helps anyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_141604.jpg
    IMG_20201118_141604.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_18112020_181851_(1250_x_800_pixel).jpg
    IMG_18112020_181851_(1250_x_800_pixel).jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_18112020_182116_(800_x_1250_pixel).jpg
    IMG_18112020_182116_(800_x_1250_pixel).jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_18112020_182014_(1250_x_800_pixel).jpg
    IMG_18112020_182014_(1250_x_800_pixel).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 75
After reading your plight I remember I had a Kef subwoofer that that would not connect to my marantz pm6006 uk amp so I gave up. Any how I got it down & you gave me the urge to try another way of connecting them, Well I finally achieved it. Luckily the amp has another 2nd set of speaker output to which I connected the wires to the subwoofer inputs, the pictures explain better. Hope it helps anyone.
do we need to select A+B speaker configuration in the AMP?

Hi all,

Need your suggestion.

Suggested that you use active sub with dedicated input
Here you are connecting all the frequencies to sub which will certainly reduce the over all performance of speakers.
From Amp-sub woofer out signal is usually filtered circuits.
we just need only boom boom and said to be filtered to generates low frequency.

I tried in the past then it wasn’t working properly.
You can by an Amp with sub out

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back