Adding a second sub

Hi

I don't think there is a provision to add another sub to Sony IV 300......

Unless, if the manual says there is a pre out available, then it can happen....

The thing is, Sony sub is passive, so it gets it power from the main unit. Adding a second passive sub woofer might stress out the amplification unit. and using a powered sub by using a Y splitter by using the HDMI out with an HDMI to RCA adapter. I think i got that right. You will have to match the crossover on the powered sub as the HDMI out will send all frequencies to the sub. Because the Amp unit has no preouts or LFE channel out.
also you might need a HDMI splitter to split the ARC out to 1.TV and the other to HDMI to RCA out.LOL! Recheck with someone when you do this, I am not sure how ARC behaves with splitters.

Can I add a second subwoofer to Sony iv 300?

Could you post a picture of the rear panel? From what I could see doing a google search, you cannot.

What you can try is connecting one of those Onkyo or Yamaha passive Sub Woofers.

MaSh

Hi,

Based on the power output of the amp for the sub section...this you can see on the operating manual...look out for passive subs...dont expect something too powerful as the Sony system gives out power @ 3 or 6 ohms...

I think you should not do any experiment with this unit as amplifier is not that powerful. Use as long as you want. Sell it on olx and buy a new set with more powerful amplifier.

Back