ADI-2 DAC

It is quite a fantastic DAC, at a level where most users will stay happy with it for a good few years. It can be used as a preamp but the volume control is digital which is a not acceptable to most. RME however claims that their digital implementation is as good as any analogue preamp.
Along with being a DAC this is a great headphone amp as well, has a great many features that can help you to compensate for deficiencies of a setup/room, the parametric EQ for example is very handy in such situations.

I just received it on Monday and it is quite an improvement over by Marantz NA8005 and mind it, the Marantz is no slouch, it was and is quite a beautiful sounding network player/DAC in its own right.
I am still experimenting with various features of the RME, I guess it will take me some time to figure out all the features and settle on the sound that I want but so far I am very pleased with my purchase.

+1. Great DAC. Once you overcome the little effort involved in understanding the various options and the way to fiddle with them, it's well worth it.

+1. Great DAC. Once you overcome the little effort involved in understanding the various options and the way to fiddle with them, it's well worth it.
Yes, so far I am extremely pleased. I have not tried any of the myriad options available, playing it pretty much out of the box and it sounds great, the potential is huge.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back