ADI-2 DAC

It is quite a fantastic DAC, at a level where most users will stay happy with it for a good few years. It can be used as a preamp but the volume control is digital which is a not acceptable to most. RME however claims that their digital implementation is as good as any analogue preamp.
Along with being a DAC this is a great headphone amp as well, has a great many features that can help you to compensate for deficiencies of a setup/room, the parametric EQ for example is very handy in such situations.

I just received it on Monday and it is quite an improvement over by Marantz NA8005 and mind it, the Marantz is no slouch, it was and is quite a beautiful sounding network player/DAC in its own right.
I am still experimenting with various features of the RME, I guess it will take me some time to figure out all the features and settle on the sound that I want but so far I am very pleased with my purchase.

+1. Great DAC. Once you overcome the little effort involved in understanding the various options and the way to fiddle with them, it's well worth it.

+1. Great DAC. Once you overcome the little effort involved in understanding the various options and the way to fiddle with them, it's well worth it.
Yes, so far I am extremely pleased. I have not tried any of the myriad options available, playing it pretty much out of the box and it sounds great, the potential is huge.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back