Advice for buying new blu ray player -

rajakumar

i am going to buy a new blu ray player i mostly download movies in usb and watch in my projector, i am searching for a blu ray player that support dolby atmos, true hd sound in usb port is there any player like that pls let me know, my budget is 20k, and the player should be region free

kindly advice

i am going to buy a new blu ray player i mostly download movies in usb and watch in my projector, i am searching for a blu ray player that support dolby atmos, true hd sound in usb port is there any player like that pls let me know, my budget is 20k, and the player should be region free

kindly advice
Since you mentioned downloads you should know one important point. Atmos in mkv format won’t be supported by Blu-ray players. Also Dolby digital plus mkv format in Sony Blu ray players won’t work. You should download atmos content in the original blu ray format which is m2ts. I switched to nvidia shield which supports all formats and also use Sony Blu ray player at times

Buy a BD player only if you are using blu ray disks else its a serious waste of money. Get a shield or an android box to play using USB and a software like Kodi.

Since you mentioned downloads you should know one important point. Atmos in mkv format won’t be supported by Blu-ray players. Also Dolby digital plus mkv format in Sony Blu ray players won’t work. You should download atmos content in the original blu ray format which is m2ts. I switched to nvidia shield which supports all formats and also use Sony Blu ray player at times

if i have converted my mkv to m2ts means it can work ? bcs buying nvidia shield and blu ray player it may cost more na ,

if i have converted my mkv to m2ts means it can work ? bcs buying nvidia shield and blu ray player it may cost more na ,
I haven’t tried and not sure how good it will be. You can buy a shield alone if you are going to watch contents from usb. Blu ray players are cheap nowadays and you can get for 7-8K. If usb will be your top priority then shield will be the best choice

I haven’t tried and not sure how good it will be. You can buy a shield alone if you are going to watch contents from usb. Blu ray players are cheap nowadays and you can get for 7-8K. If usb will be your top priority then shield will be the best choice

i dont know about shield can u guide me which shield is good for me, if i buy the shield means i can go for normal blu ray player also na in future.

i dont know about shield can u guide me which shield is good for me, if i buy the shield means i can go for normal blu ray player also na in future.
Yeah you can always purchase a Blu-ray player which shouldn’t cost you much. For movies through usb shield will be the best for atmos. Last month nvidia launched shield and shield pro. Also 2017 model will be sufficient but better go with the latest shield pro. If you can source it from abroad shouldn’t cost you more then 14K. Other option is to buy from amazon.com which will cost you around 28k

Yeah you can always purchase a Blu-ray player which shouldn’t cost you much. For movies through usb shield will be the best for atmos. Last month nvidia launched shield and shield pro. Also 2017 model will be sufficient but better go with the latest shield pro. If you can source it from abroad shouldn’t cost you more then 14K. Other option is to buy from amazon.com which will cost you around 28k

thank you very much for your valuable advice, ill try to get shield from abroad

kindly advice
Don't go for Blu-ray player.
Most of the Blu-ray players are not supporting Atmos / high Def audio files (Usb) and struggles with Cinavia protection issues(IMHO)
Go for Android box /HTPC /Shield.
HTPC is reqd slightly advance knowledge to make the things done.
Atb

Buy xbox one x. 4k bluray player with dolby vision support. Media player, you can play games, stream netflix, plex media server. It's all in one solution for the money. If you are buying a bluray player might as well buy the 4k ones since 4k is mainstream now. And just the 4k bluray player ll cost you arnd 20-25k which doesnt make any sense to me when you have devices like xbox one s/x ps4 pro etc.

Buy xbox one x. 4k bluray player with dolby vision support. Media player, you can play games, stream netflix, plex media server. It's all in one solution for the money. If you are buying a bluray player might as well buy the 4k ones since 4k is mainstream now. And just the 4k bluray player ll cost you arnd 20-25k which doesnt make any sense to me when you have devices like xbox one s/x ps4 pro etc.
Can you use Xbox as media player by playing movies (all formats) from external hard drive through usb?

kindly advice
Better to build an HTPC for this purpose or get media players /shield .

kindly advice
Coreelec on Odroid N2. It will play all the formats and will cost less than 10K.

Please read this post

i too had this misconception. In short, if your blu ray has a pass through setting, your amp will decode the Atmos. If you are looking for the best quality of sound, then nothing beats a blu ray for quality. A netfix/amazon movie is 4GB, a rip is 10GB and a blu ray is 40-50GB for the same movie. So the quality is outstanding in blu ray...

also for region free, its a pain to find one and it costs a bomb.. for that, you can buy a player from amazon india which is region A. Almost all indian disks are region free so a region A should work well.. (unless you buy region B disks)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back