Advice needed for HT system under 50k

1235sam

Hello friends,

I need home theater system. Requirement 50% Music 50% Movies.

Yamaha YHT 299 , BA XS 5.1 options came very often during my search ,highly recommended but driver size of woofer and speakers seems to be too small which might hamper freq response .

Short listed options : HTP-RS43 | this seems to be good on paper with 3 way tower speakers and 10 inch woofer. But there arent any review available. Could anyone comment on this system.

Any other options sub 50k range ? Also ready to purchase AVR and speaker package separately. Looking forward for valuable inputs :)

demo would be best way to find out for yourself

the subs cone size don't matter generally these are good too

but since ur budget it good you should definitely look for separate options too

if you plan to upgrade HTIB may have power restrictions

all the best

Hello friends,

I need home theater system. Requirement 50% Music 50% Movies.

Yamaha YHT 299 , BA XS 5.1 options came very often during my search ,highly recommended but driver size of woofer and speakers seems to be too small which might hamper freq response .

Short listed options : HTP-RS43 | this seems to be good on paper with 3 way tower speakers and 10 inch woofer. But there arent any review available. Could anyone comment on this system.

Any other options sub 50k range ? Also ready to purchase AVR and speaker package separately. Looking forward for valuable inputs :)
Hi Sam,

I had a demo of HTP-RS43, Its not so good as yamaha or onkyo. Since you have decided the budget Try for Yamaha or Denon. HTP-RS43 looks big, Floorstanding speakers and big subwoofers but performance and clarity wise its not good as per my taste. Try to audition Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo.

Floorstanding speakers and big subwoofers but performance and clarity wise its not good as per my taste. Try to audition Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo.
9B7ES5

I have auditioned HTP-RS43, YHT 299, Onkyo S3500 and Denon DHT X500
HTP-RS43 - Has got good bass but not deep. Also not good in clarity/sharpness,
YHT 299 - Good clarity but lack in bass,
Onkyo S3500 - Has got good deep bass and somewhat ok in clarity,
Denon DHT X500 - Very good deep bass and excellent sharpness in sound.

Denon DHT X500 would be my selection.

When compared to the receiver, Yamaha YHT has a HTIB version of RX-v375 aka HTR 3066 with minor power differences and denon x500 is a so so.....I will go with YHT 299 and later upgrade the speakers to Wharfdale or BA which will be quite good.....

RX-V375(HTR-3066) Comparison to RX-V373(HTR-3065) - RX-V375 - RX-V - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual

You can also pair Pioneer VSX-323 with Wharfdale Movie Star 65 which comes around 45-50 and is a very good combination...

But as everyone says....do a proper audition and decide...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back