Advice needed - Home office streaming-music setup from scratch

How do you find the DRA800H vs the PM6006
Marantz was warmer and had a bit more punch. The Denon is a very clean sound. Almost as if the music is being played live in my living room , especially for instrumental. Still exploring the Denon for various genres. I do get the feleing that a subwoofer will be nice with the Denon. This was I get to enjoy the low end and the mids and highs are crystal clean. Definitely and upgrade in sound

Wood is always timeless. Nice compact setup that. That Denon does quite a bit of multitasking, going by the specs. Important to keep components at a minimum in an office setup.

Have you considered routing the speaker cables from behind the cabinet? Also, did you experience the glass doors in the cabinet behind reflect sound and hence covered them?

Have you stated listening? How does it feel to play music while you work? Or do you take breaks to listen exclusively to music? What kind of music do you listen to here?

Once I can get carpenter, post-covid, I'll reroute cables, and hopefully get them in walnut color :) I didn't cover the glass in reality, just edited pic to give privacy to the photos and stuff inside.

It feels HEAVENLY to play music while working. I've these on almost continuously. Mentally, I've overcome their size and probably think of them just like the Alexa that preceded these. While working, I play them in low volume, yet they're amazingly superior to anything else. This is my 95% use case and I'm highly satisfied with making this investment.

Sometimes I sit on my recliner and do serious listening. I find that I've to put the volume at 60-level to get it come alive. It's only the 4th day and I'm sure my experience will evolve. If my tastes evolve, I might go for a mightier additional set-up in my drawing room, maybe a NAD...

Once I can get carpenter, post-covid, I'll reroute cables, and hopefully get them in walnut color :) I didn't cover the glass in reality, just edited pic to give privacy to the photos and stuff inside.

It feels HEAVENLY to play music while working. I've these on almost continuously. Mentally, I've overcome their size and probably think of them just like the Alexa that preceded these. While working, I play them in low volume, yet they're amazingly superior to anything else. This is my 95% use case and I'm highly satisfied with making this investment.

Sometimes I sit on my recliner and do serious listening. I find that I've to put the volume at 60-level to get it come alive. It's only the 4th day and I'm sure my experience will evolve. If my tastes evolve, I might go for a mightier additional set-up in my drawing room, maybe a NAD...
My experience too was that the my Energy CF-70 and Denon combo comes alive post 55 level. At other times when I am working from home I just have it on low volume in the background the days I work from home

My current setup is wharfedale diamond 225 with marantz pm5005 and pioneer n30 network streamer. Marantz pm5005 is entry level amp that you can get anywhere between 20k- 23K and sounds good to me and dont I personally dont feel like upgrading in the current setup... the next that you can think of is pm6006 which should be around 30k. The difference is in wattage.. pm6006 offering higher wattage, not substantial though. From the sound signature side marantz is towards warmer side of the neutral and when paired with wharfedales they make listening easy for longer duration. I cant really comment on their network receiver as I have not heard them personally, so would ask other FM to chime in with details. Having said that I think you would need to decide on the budget and long term plan. Getting seperates makes sense in longer run in case you want to expand but at the same time it will cost you! So my suggestion dont rush into buying things rather reseatch a lot and audition it before you take a plunge. Remeber one man's milk is other man's poison.. so you might not like the sound of an equipment that I or other FMs might suggest as all of us have different listening taste. Hope this helps.
Where i get Marantz pm6006 at 30000 rupi in india?

I just upgraded from the Marantz PM 6006 to the Denon DRA800H. Initially was looking for a streamer to pair with the Marantz. After much research settled on the Marantz NR1200 only to find out that it is not in stock and new stock will take a while.

Got a great deal from hifimart on the Denon and have been using it for a week. Haven't got enough time to explore it but it plays tidal, amazon music and spotify quite seamlessly.
Denon dra800h can beat the Marantz pm6006 in sound quality?

Esteemed Forum Members - newbie seeks your advice: Given the significant time spent in home office due to pandemic, looking for decent music setup to reduce the monotony.
  • The room is not big: 12ft x 11ft x 10ft (length width height).
  • Since home office is also the same room, I want to minimize expense (i.e., INR 20-30k speakers and whatever else is needed - amp\streamer).
  • Have a large cavity in the mid of bookshelf (3ft x 2ft x 3ft), which should be able to house 2 bookshelf speakers and any equipment.
  • I intend to play only from cloud-sources like Spotify Premium via Spotify Connect (I don't own any music - e.g., CD's etc, at all).
  • Now, for the choices of components:
    1. As speakers, I'm eyeing a pair of the budget Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 bookshelf.
    2. What budget Amp pairs well with this?
    3. Given my exclusive dependency on cloud-source like Spotify Connect (and no local music files), how do I connect Spotify-in-the-cloud to my Amp? Do I need to buy a budget streamer? And a budget DAC? Are there budget combos of such?
    4. Being newbie I get to ask this - is there a single device, that's a budget combo of Streamer, DAC and Amp? (If that's a nonsense question, apologies, and I attribute that to my noobie-ness, not something I might be smoking).
    5. I'd love for every component to be fairly budget, that can still benefit from the 320 kbit/s of the Spotify Premium.
Looking forward to your valuable guidance !

Great suggestions given by FMs, would also like to point your attention towards Yamaha WXA-50 if you want to go for a smaller form factor. Has a nice Ice power Class D amp and all the streaming option. Cheers

Denon dra800h can beat the Marantz pm6006 in sound quality?

I have replied to this comparision earlier in the thread but describing again.

The sound signature is different. Marantz is warm and punchy. The Denon sounds is more clean, better clarity but lacks a bit in bass. But I think I will hook up my old subwoofer this weekend. Overall in my opinion the Denon DRA800H is an upgrade from the PM6006. The network option is so convenient. And for what I lack in bass I can use a subwoofer with dedicated sub out.

I have no complaint against the PM6006. I still have it and have given it to my uncle for his setup with bookshelf speakers and I think it is a great entry level amp.

I am planning to #upgrade my #stereo setup

Recently i am using Yamaha R-N602. I like clear sound with clean tight punchy #bass.Is it worthy to upgrade yamaha to

My choice is

•Marantz pm6006

Vs

•Audiolab 6000a.

I use Bose Soundtouch / Amazon Alexa at work. It does everything you ask and more and is a single box adequate for a room of your size.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back