Hi Hifivison FMs,
I have been following this forum as silent member for some years now and have learned a lot. FMs here are truly enthusiastic about AV & always helpful...
After a lots of research I am now ready to spend money on the purchase of stereo speakers, amplification and cables.
I already Own the Denon 1312xp HTiB... Needless to say, I have a major case of upgraditis as this setup does not meet my music needs at all. I am going to sell this system to my friend and am thinking of a Stereo Amplifier setup
I am planning to upgrade in a phased manner as budget is always a constraint.
For starters, I auditioned the Denon PMA-520AE integrated stereo Amplifier & Polk Tsi300 FS. Auditioned this both with & without PSW 110 Subwoofer (200W 10" front firing) in the ProFX MG Road, Blr.
It could be due to the room acoustics but I was blown away by the sound and am now ready to bite the bullet for a Stereo setup.
I was short of time (hardly spent 30 mins) so could not audition TSi 400 or RTi A5 Floorstanders..
I would like to know some suggestions from you guys for further auditions... Do recommend stores where I can audition...
My Primary usage pattern:
Music: 80% + Primarily 320 kbps MP3s & dome Favorite CD's
Type: Trance, House, Techno (Like AvB, Tiesto, Swedish House Mafia, Karunesh) and a little bit of Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Lynyrd SKynyrd, Dire Straits, Nirvana, REM, Maroon 5, Linkin Pak, AR Rahman + occasionally Bollywood numbers
Movies: 20% - All types
Already Own Samsung 42 LED which has co-ax out... wall-mounted
Plus Laptop & PMP... (No USB DAC yet! to be added later)
1. Good Thump esp. for Trance tracks
2. Atleast 1 Sub pre-out
3. Co-axial audio in
Budget: 40K - 45K (Stereo Amp + FS speakers) Don't want to exceed budget by too much...
I don't want BS speakers as I want it clutter free & hate stands... I know BS offer better VFM and quality for said price but tiny tots run around house when they come visit
(Nephews dropped some other speakers due to tripping on wires & bumping into BS stands, ultimately damaging speakers)
Please provide your recommendation on other Stereo Amp + FS combos
1. Heard good things about Yamaha AS-300... Any recommended audition combos? Is RS-300 significantly better?
2. How is the Onkyo A9155 & TX 9030? Any recommended speaker pairings?
3. Is Denon 510AE used a good option (For ~15K) - gives increased speaker budget..
4. How is the Marantz PM5004 Stereo Integrated Amplifier? Any recommended speaker pairings?
5. Any thoughts on Marantz M-CR503 Stereo CD Receiver - sounds like a good deal!
6. Any other Amps I should audition?
7. Recommended Subs for Purchase in Dec' 2013? PSW 110 or 125 or Velodyne impact 10
8. Recommended USB DAC's?(Extra budget)
9. Recommended cables - Is 16 AWG good enough or are better cables required?
I'm looking to audition this weekend and purchase by end of Next week...
Thanks in advance for all your help...
Thank you for your time & patience