Advice on first AV receiver?

zoya620

Is the Denon AVR-X250BT a good choice for setting up a home theater? I don't have a lot of experience with hifi audio so don't want to spend a lot of money. I'll probably start with a pair of bookshelf speakers and maybe add a sub and center channel later.

Also, this is selling on Amazon for ~25k but most stores recommended here like ooberpad, profx have it listed at 35k. What gives? Do I need to watch out? How's the warranty/service situation with Denon in Bangalore?

As far as I know if you buy online ( like from Amazon/flipkart) you don’t get warranty from Denon. It is clearly written with a yellow sticker on the Denon box. I saw video on YouTube , hence saying.

Whow fellas, I'm buying a budget first model. Please suggest something in this range, not something 5x the price o_O

About the warranty sticker, that's something put by the seller and not the manufacturer right?

Go with Yahama RX-V485, it's offers best VFM in the entry segment. No matter which brand you buy, Yamaha or Denon, always buy from dealer. Online purchase are not covered under warranty.

Last edited:
Is the Denon AVR-X250BT a good choice for setting up a home theater? I don't have a lot of experience with hifi audio so don't want to spend a lot of money. I'll probably start with a pair of bookshelf speakers and maybe add a sub and center channel later.

Also, this is selling on Amazon for ~25k but most stores recommended here like ooberpad, profx have it listed at 35k. What gives? Do I need to watch out? How's the warranty/service situation with Denon in Bangalore?

Hi Zoya,

You can buy a Denon, Marantz or a Pioneer from Hifimart once you decide on the model.You can also consider a Yamaha but not sure if it is sold on Hifimart.
You may also need to decide you preference of movie or music. Even speakers can be bought from here from Hifimart with proper warranty.
I find Ooberpad quite expensive.

Regards.

Whow fellas, I'm buying a budget first model. Please suggest something in this range, not something 5x the price o_O

About the warranty sticker, that's something put by the seller and not the manufacturer right?
You are from Bangalore. Walk into ProFx on MG Road and talk to them.
The list price is MRP, surely there is room for negotiation.
Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back