Advice on Isoacaustics ISO 200 speaker stands

amit_s

hi,

I am planning to buy stands for my dynaudio emit m20 speakers. Currently, I have kept them on a shelf which I think is not doing justice to the capability of the speakers. There are 2 options in my mind :
1. Conventional speaker stands made of steel, sand fillable with spikes. They seems risky as speakers are in my living room, can be toppled by kids or visitors.
2. Isoacaustics iso 200, can kept on the shelf, so safe but I am sceptical that they will actually work, seem overly expensive. https://isoacoustics.com/products/aperta-series/aperta200/

I am a beginner in hifi journey and this is my first setup, would like to get opinion of experienced FMs.
Thanks

Isoacoustics is too expensive for what it does.. a solid stand is good enough right as the money saved can be spent on tons of other things to improve sound substantially..

Isoacoustics is too expensive for what it does.. a solid stand is good enough right as the money saved can be spent on tons of other things to improve sound substantially..
By solid stand you mean, something that can be made from wood locally and gives around 3-4 inches lift to speakers above surface of shelf or you mean iron stands from floor?

I have used the Isoacoustics ISO 130 for bookshelves. They work quite well in my opinion to tighten up the bass and improved mid range. Sold those last month to FM @drkrack . Perhaps he can chime in to let you know what he thinks.
imho, they work well. Make sure to check which model is suitable for your speakers. regarding the weight and size.

I have used the Isoacoustics ISO 130 for bookshelves. They work quite well in my opinion to tighten up the bass and improved mid range. Sold those last month to FM @drkrack . Perhaps he can chime in to let you know what he thinks.
imho, they work well. Make sure to check which model is suitable for your speakers. regarding the weight and size.
For which speakers did you use ISO 130? I checked on their website, its showing ISO 200 for my speakers.

@amit_s , I've been using ISO 155 for supporting Wharfedale diamond 225. It's a near-field bedroom setup (speakers 4-5 ft apart) placed on a rigid wooden cabinet and I play at lower volume levels. As @tuff mentioned in previous post, it does improve the mids and tightens the bass, the speakers will sound different in a better way. My monitors are bottom firing with a plinth for uniform dispersion, so I guess before placing them on these there was some direct reflection off the wooden surface it was placed on (On the flip side, for poorly recorded bright sounding CDs I preferred placing speakers on the cabinet, as the reflections off the shelf masked the issues with the recording, to an extent).
The height and tilt adjustments will give you more flexibility when it comes to positioning tweeters at ear level and that could be a major reason for the improvement in sound.

These are meant for use in a near-field desktop setup. If your use case is otherwise and have the space, do get a proper stand with spikes. You can keep the speakers on the shelf when not playing, so as to minimize the risk of someone accidentally knocking them over. These are very expensive (costs a third of my speakers), and costs same as proper stands.

@amit_s , I've been using ISO 155 for supporting Wharfedale diamond 225. It's a near-field bedroom setup (speakers 4-5 ft apart) placed on a rigid wooden cabinet and I play at lower volume levels. As @tuff mentioned in previous post, it does improve the mids and tightens the bass, the speakers will sound different in a better way. My monitors are bottom firing with a plinth for uniform dispersion, so I guess before placing them on these there was some direct reflection off the wooden surface it was placed on (On the flip side, for poorly recorded bright sounding CDs I preferred placing speakers on the cabinet, as the reflections off the shelf masked the issues with the recording, to an extent).
The height and tilt adjustments will give you more flexibility when it comes to positioning tweeters at ear level and that could be a major reason for the improvement in sound.

These are meant for use in a near-field desktop setup. If your use case is otherwise and have the space, do get a proper stand with spikes. You can keep the speakers on the shelf when not playing, so as to minimize the risk of someone accidentally knocking them over. These are very expensive (costs a third of my speakers), and costs same as proper stands.
Thanks, I was also thinking the same, they don't seem to justify the price, with the same or even lesser money proper stands can be baught.

I was also thinking about sticking the speakers into stands by some way, may be double sided tape. Some speakers like q-acaustics and higher models of dynaudio come with bolting options but they don't provide this option on entry level models as they expect them to used in casual listening setups.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back