Advice on picking up a good speaker set

isrockman

All,

I'm new to this group, so please bear with me in case I have put this in the wrong place or so.

I just recently purchased a blu-ray player and am looking at completing it with a speaker set. I definitely want to add an amp and then the speakers. I like my music and movies to be crisp and have been doing some research on the number of brands available. Have checked Jamo, Onkyo, AE, Bose. Would really like some suggestions on what should be a good pair.

For now, I have a limited budget (50K, can stretch to 75K). So, any suggestions or combination's are welcome. Looking forward to some answers for this new member.

Cheers,
Sachin
:)

All,

I'm new to this group, so please bear with me in case I have put this in the wrong place or so.

I just recently purchased a blu-ray player and am looking at completing it with a speaker set. I definitely want to add an amp and then the speakers. I like my music and movies to be crisp and have been doing some research on the number of brands available. Have checked Jamo, Onkyo, AE, Bose. Would really like some suggestions on what should be a good pair.

For now, I have a limited budget (50K, can stretch to 75K). So, any suggestions or combination's are welcome. Looking forward to some answers for this new member.

Cheers,
Sachin

Everybody seems to love Denon 1611 + Polk RM6750 :)

All,

Cheers,
Sachin

Check out Paradigms,PSB, Qacoustics, Wharfs ,Heco, Polk RTI and canton speakers.

Paradigms - www.htstore.in
PSB - Final touch
QA - Babbler group
Wharfs - Vector systems
Heco - Search the forum
:D
Polks - Profx
Canton - Swish

All of the above are in bangalore.

Good luck.

Thanks a ton for all the posts. I happened to visit a store here in Bangalore and here is what he offered.
An Epos M12i and a Marantz SR5004. The total cost of this including the cables is coming up to Rs. 81k.

Do you think this is a good price to give for these products or am I being over charged?

Are you looking for a Stereo setup or 5.1 ?

And did u like the sound of EPOS paired with marantz SR5004 ?

5004 seems to be older series.

Thanks for the reply kittu. I'm looking for a 5.1 setup, but since I have a budget restraint, I'm only going in for a stereo which I will upgrade later.

The music sounded pretty good on the Epos, however it wasn't on the Marantz amp though. Since you're saying that the 5004 series is old, what would you recommend. The thing is I need to connect to my 3d blu ray player.

I auditioned the Wharfs, Polks and Cantons. They all had too much bass in it. I'm still trying to find a way to audition the remaining brands. Couldn't locate any store that has all of these.

Not all brands are available at a single store. You have to visit many to audition.

If you search this forum you will find the addresses for all stores. Take your time do not rush for purchase . And enjoy the free auditioning :eek: ;).

That sounds good (especially the free auditioning part :eek:hyeah:)

But what do you think on the pricing that he has quoted. Pretty good?

...Have checked Jamo, Onkyo, AE, Bose. Would really like some suggestions on what should be a good pair.
These are my opinions on listening experience..
Jamo & Onkyo sounded similar. Sound is more louder and little bit week on BASS.

AE- havent heard.

Bose - Sounds good for the size of speaker actualy it is. But it doesnt justify for its price.

Paradigm speakers - are good but still on more brighter side . For music it is good. For movies it seems to lack BASS .

Polk audio - sounds similar to paradigm but, it is handling BASS better than paradigm.

Wharfedale- Sounds sweet and it always dont hurt the ears at higher volume level. Very good for music. For movies it has BASS but wish it can have litte more BASS. If we pair with right SUB it might work well.

Finally - If your choice is music
Go with Paradigm / Wharfedale
If its movies
Polk audio or Wharfedale with right SUB.

Thanks a ton for all the posts. I happened to visit a store here in Bangalore and here is what he offered.
An Epos M12i and a Marantz SR5004. The total cost of this including the cables is coming up to Rs. 81k.

Do you think this is a good price to give for these products or am I being over charged?

Which store at Bangalore did you check? Can you please tell me the price of Epos M12i? I am interested to buy.

Cheers

Hi Amit,

The price is in the 45k range. You can definitely do some bargaining to get a good price. Also, if you buy more components the discount can only get better.

Actually, it isn't a store. They are more of a disti and deal in their products. You can go to the EPOS site, and look under the sales section. Once you choose country as India, you'll get their entry named as "Reference Point". Hope this helps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back