Advice on purchase of Quad 909

@ Capt.
Do listen to tracks which start slowly and have a bit of bass. Some Indian classical with Tablas.

You are in for a delightful surprise chief! :)

from what i could find MRP = 5-10 (or more) times the cost of the product.

so Virens products could easily be compared to products costing 5 times that much from a quality of music..which makes it very very VFM..what you might lose out on brand and finish you more than makeup on sound quality.

so Virens products could easily be compared to products costing 5 times that much from a quality of music..which makes it very very VFM..what you might lose out on brand and finish you more than makeup on sound quality.

and then look at Suri saab! ...hats off!

Hi Stevieboy

spoke to Abhishek Narsipur, the gentleman who owns Viren's SET & Amitys. He is willing for an audition and is also OK with the idea of a group of us.

He was curious about the forum & I had taken the liberty of inviting him to join us.

Hope to have one more audiophile amongst us.

Is 3rd or 4th OK?
Be sure to take along a good CDP & ICs;
Abhishek is currently using an avg qlty DVDp.

I have to admit even I was disillusioned by the Bryston brand name. I know it is human tendency to think this equipment is fantastic specially if you've paid big money and more the brand loyality that follows. So in the end it is up to decide, " do you want a ssystem for life (atleast)?" or "keep on upggrading for a bigger brand name".:cool:

But I can honestly tell you I'm so happy with the Lyrita 2A3's :yahoo:

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Do listen to tracks which start slowly and have a bit of bass. Some Indian classical with Tablas.

You are in for a delightful surprise chief! :)

Thank you Sidharth. More than me, Sashi Kumar has some delightfully detailed music of different genre which can evaluate different aspects of speakers' capability. In addition, I'm hoping to have few of my forum members from B'lore for company & to provide their perspective as well.:)

Whatever may be the amplifier, cd source, interconnect and the speaker. Matching should be important. Less sensitive speaker with low wattage or less drive amplifier will never match. Thats basic thing. The audio gear which give plenty of pleasure and tiredless listening in the type of music we like is the best suitable for us. Bec some body like rock some classic some jazz. Some only like instrumental. My conclusion is the gear which is neutral and up to the original will give us hours of listening pleasure. If any frequencies is dominated from original or less from original will make it bored very soon. Everything depends up on the trial not upon others suggestions and ideas. Believe your ears before buy it dont hesitate to spend money to go over to the place where the gear is and experience it or ask for a trial.

Any updates, captain?

rajesh: you are amazing capt, you have not exhausted your bullets in hunting down a amplifier.

Hi guys

Thanks for the concern. I've been touring so extensively that I was living off my suitcase(s) for the past 20 days. My Bank is on Branch opening spree and I'm running around the circles all over TN, Karnataka & Hyd trying to locate premises.

In fact, I'm just back from a place called Tiruvanamalai, 190 Kms from Chennai.

I took the risk and ordered class D DIY kit from Class D audio and made payment through wire transfer more than a month back.

In spite of my various mails, that guy (Tom) is yet to provide me even tracking number though he keeps promising that he will. Donno if he is a fraudster.

Will take call on purchase of Amp if this kit amp sounds dud.

He he Reddy,

I like your sense of humour. Was really busy yesterday after landing in Chennai after two weeks. Will check out your offer soon. (Both the Amp & DAC):)

Hi guys

In fact, I'm just back from a place called Tiruvanamalai, 190 Kms from Chennai.

Thiruvannamalai - Some summer heat it must be right now there. Heat would have also gone up in the last few years due to the swami nityananda's activities.

pls don't talk about quads seriously oldie stuff.

Hi,

@ reddymail, Could you please explain the above statement.

i have a friend to whom i have given him both quads and audiolab...........i can take you to his place and give u a audition.this person is roughly 65 yrs of age and according to him audiolabs rock with every thing.....he is a oldie and likes youth stuff as well big price advantage over quads

Which Audiolab products?The new post Tag Mclaren products or the older ones.

Regards
Rajiv

I've heard one with a passive pre-amp and audio_engr is very very right! It sounded like a million bucks. The Quad pre is really not worth it. Pair it with a passive pre and you're good to go! Incidentally, very good passive pre's are available for dirt cheap! In fact, there is an axiom passive pre that a forum memebr has that would go with this very well... Try contacting Binoy Mehra.... don't know his hifi forum nom de plume!

Hi,
Could you tell me where do I can find (inside the quad 306) that particular capacitor in the path of the signal, that we may substitute for a better one in order to obtain a much better sound from the quad 306?

Thank you very much.
Quim

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back