Advice on speakers and AV receiver for budget 50K for 5.1/7.1 setup

ezhil

Hi,

Could you please advice me of a suitable Amp and speakers for a 5.1/7.1 setup? My budget is 50,000 INR. Also, could you please advice on the right cables for these to be connected?

The room size is 20x10.

Thanks in advance :)

Ezhil R

Denon 1513 or Yamaha 373 AVR + Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 speaker system. For cables look for DAC available in hifimart.com.

50K budget is a little tight for the room of that size (20x10). But what matters is not the actual room size but the listening area. For instance, 20x10 could be a hall+dining. The TV and HT listening area could be as small as 12x10. In that case, 50K budget is enough to start with a high end HTiB. It will still be slightly difficult to with separates as 5.1 speaker system alone will be 35K (example, Energy Take Classic 5.1). An AVR will be another 30K (Denon 1513, for instance). BUt do hunt around. Select a model and then seek advice.

HTiBs: Onkyo 3500, Denon 1312xp, Yamaha DHT-298 (all around 35K).

In that case, am ready to scale my budget upto 75K. Could you please suggest me the best one in the class with this budget?

Yes, 20x10 is Hall + dining.

I don't wanna go for HTiBs

Last edited:
If u are willing to go the used way there are a few very good options available in the for sale section right now... That way u can get a much higher range set well within ur budget... One such set that is available is a energy FS set + yahama 471 from Santy... I have heard this personally & can easily recommend it to anyone.... In the new section You can look at the pioneer 41BS 5.1 set + a yamaha 473/573 from Avenue sound Mumbai... This is easily the best VFM set below 75k & would give systems 2 times its costs a run for their money :) ...

75K is a very good budget and you can go for separates. AVR like Denon 1713 or Yamaha 473 should be around 32-35K. For the rest, you can go for a 5.1 HT package like the Wharfedale MS-100 or DX-1. 5.1 Home Theatre System. Speaker wires will cost roughly 3K depending on length required. You can also start with a pair of book shelves and later add center channel, surrounds and subwoofer.

AVR - 30-35k (Denon 1713/Yammy 473)
Speakers - There are just too many options available. You can take with popular brands like Wharfeldale, Polk audio and decide for your liking.
- I would suggest to go with floor standers for your room size.
- Just go with 5.1 instead of 7.1 for your budget

Htstore.in has price details for speakers.

Floor standers are not required. The entire room is not the listening area. Book shelves are far more effective especially considering the budget.

Recommendations given above are correct.

You can try Q acoustic speakers with Denon OR Yamaha AVR in Rs.75k budget.Even Boston acoustic speaker pack too.

In addition to the above suggstions by other FM, consider Sonodyne Sonus & Avant series..

Consider this speaker packager, if you want to strike a balance between stereo/HT

Sonodyne Sonus BS 1501(11K) + Sonus C2401 (6K) + Rear Dipoles (12K) + Roarr 108 Subwoofer (15K)... Around 42K, you get a decent 5.1 speaker package...

Consider this if you like watching movies more..

Sonodyne Avant BS 150 x 4 (38K) + Avant LCR 250(15K) + Roar subwoofer (15K)... Around 65K...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back