Advise needed for HIFI Rack

Sunderpalanivel

Hi Guys,

I am planning to ask my carpenter to make me a HIFI rack completely in wood (May be teakwood ) . I will be using the rack to keep my AMP and Turntable.

Could you please advise if the above idea will work ? Is it okay to make a Rack using wood ?

What should I do for isolation ? Branded racks has many things for isolation like spikes, rubber washer, glass etc etc, but when I am making one, it has to be something simple. What can I do to improve the isolation ?

Any advise / Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunder.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to ask my carpenter to make me a HIFI rack completely in wood (May be teakwood ) . I will be using the rack to keep my AMP and Turntable.

Could you please advise if the above idea will work ? Is it okay to make a Rack using wood ?

What should I do for isolation ? Branded racks has many things for isolation like spikes, rubber washer, glass etc etc, but when I am making one, it has to be something simple. What can I do to improve the isolation ?

Any advise / Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunder.

The best way to isolate a TT is a wall shelf.You can use wood for this like I did
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/sachu888]sachu888 at 2012-01-21[/URL]

Regards,
Sachin

A wood rack is fine
A heavy rack would lend some signature to the music- you have to be ok with that

wood will always impart some textture

if you have a good carpenter see if you can get the supports done in teak but make the rack shelfless
I.E use horizontal or vertical struts to support the equipment
Not an all wood shelf

this way you get to have a sturdy rack but still not have it overbearing to the music

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back