Acoustic revive SPU 8 speaker isolators

panditji

Need more feedback on whether the speaker isolation metal pads from Acoustic Revive will help my Tannoy Turnberry GRs

https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001000104894/

Currently using them on thick cork sheets but wanted to know if I will be able to improve SQ by using the standard spikes with these isolators/pads.. The dealer here suggested wooden ones but I liked these better based on their golden colour 😂 .. any feedback with these would be very helpful

Need more feedback on whether the speaker isolation metal pads from Acoustic Revive will help my Tannoy Turnberry GRs

Currently using them on thick cork sheets but wanted to know if I will be able to improve SQ by using the standard spikes with these isolators/pads.. The dealer here suggested wooden ones but I liked these better based on their golden colour 😂 .. any feedback with these would be very helpful
if you to spend money get the Gaia II :) if you dont put a carpet under the spike

No idea ! from all i hear there is something..waiting for somene to try it 😇
I use Herbies footers under the spikes and it works well. if you have Euro cent coins also work well.

There is a huge difference in cost Arjun.. Do the Gaia II deserve their price?
They are really worth their asking price. I and a lot of other forum members from hyderabad have used them and found them to be excellent. The biggest difference i found was a cleaning up of bass boom, which cleaned up the sound and made the mid range and upwards more clear. I would classify the gaia's as almost a speaker upgrade for a fraction of the cost. I then changed to townshend seismic speaker podiums, which are slightly better, but the cost difference is not worth it in my opinion. But my absolute favourite is my cheapest "Noob spring isolators". Once properly adjusted for the weight of the component to get the spring loading right, they drain vibration upto a claimed 5 hz. But they are limited to about 11.5 kgs . So anything under 46 kgs I prefer the cheap noob springs.

The difference between the noob springs and the other isolators is the exact spring loading that can be achieved with the noob springs, and not with the others. Below is a spring loading chart to use the optimum number of springs to get the loading just right .

SmartSelect_20200917-104416_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
They are really worth their asking price. I and a lot of other forum members from hyderabad have used them and found them to be excellent. The biggest difference i found was a cleaning up of bass boom, which cleaned up the sound and made the mid range and upwards more clear. I would classify the gaia's as almost a speaker upgrade for a fraction of the cost. I then changed to townshend seismic speaker podiums, which are slightly better, but the cost difference is not worth it in my opinion. But my absolute favourite is my cheapest "Noob spring isolators". Once properly adjusted for the weight of the component to get the spring loading right, they drain vibration upto a claimed 5 hz. But they are limited to about 11.5 kgs . So anything under 46 kgs I prefer the cheap noob springs.

The difference between the noob springs and the other isolators is the exact spring loading that can be achieved with the noob springs, and not with the others. Below is a spring loading chart to use the optimum number of springs to get the loading just right .

View attachment 81518

I have the Solid tech feet of silence and use it for my Phonostage. i am not sure of this is good for Speakers though

I have the Solid tech feet of silence and use it for my Phonostage. i am not sure of this is good for Speakers though
I guess it depends on personal taste too....one of my friends did'nt like the gaia's under his ATC SCM40's at first listen. But liked it after a much prolonged listen. But I find they always work under tube components like your leben phono stage. In fact my first introduction to using isolation came from a mail I shot off to AMR, asking if their Dac's bass could be made better with tube rolling. And they suggested adding isolation under the dac, which really improved and solidified the bass. I've been a isolation convert ever since :)

I guess it depends on personal taste too....one of my friends did'nt like the gaia's under his ATC SCM40's at first listen. But liked it after a much prolonged listen. But I find they always work under tube components like your leben phono stage. In fact my first introduction to using isolation came from a mail I shot off to AMR, asking if their Dac's bass could be made better with tube rolling. And they suggested adding isolation under the dac, which really improved and solidified the bass. I've been a isolation convert ever since :)
Oh yes..I have rollerblocks under by DAC as well and transport as well. Am all for isolation but speakers on springs dont seem right as they store energy and you need something which dissipates.

Why don't you spend just 50/- rs and get some 12mm ss hexnuts and put them below your speakers. Remove the spikes as well. If you like the outcome, buy me a coffee

Oh yes..I have rollerblocks under by DAC as well and transport as well. Am all for isolation but speakers on springs dont seem right as they store energy and you need something which dissipates.
I have one set of roller blocks under my CDT. Looking to get another set for my DAC. They make such a huge difference, it is not even funny!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back