My not exactly DIY speaker isolation podium

would the Gaia 3 increase the height of the speakers ie change the listening height ?

if possible - please post a picture

I forgot to take pics...my bad :)

Will post pics as soon as Iam home. Out for the usual boys weekend night out with my child hood friends :D

Thank you.

i guess at present the bottom of the speaker baffle is about 3 inches from the floor ?

have you tried with only the iso-acoustics footers ?

I was told that they studied the effect of a carpet in a room and they observed that a carpet with its fur pointing towards the listener gives better soundstage..

Are the gaia 3 worth the price?

I have the Q Acoustics 3050i and Rega Brio 2017. Let me know if there are good alternatives please?

I have got Tannoys on wooden tiles .. Will a marble slab or wooden slab help more on wooden tiled floors? Have seen a lot of Tannoy owners lift their speaker height using wooden stands...

I have got Tannoys on wooden tiles .. Will a marble slab or wooden slab help more on wooden tiled floors? Have seen a lot of Tannoy owners lift their speaker height using wooden stands...

if wooden flooring - then the Gaia's may work sir

My friends use these footers in their homes ( abroad ) and all of them have found a positive benefit in doing so.

if there is a way to try and return ( if you dont like ) please do so..

But hey - i must save my backside - YMMV :)

You can put a blower behind the rug such that all the fur point towards the listener:)
I can sell you a passive devise which will cancel all the noise and vibration associated with the blower. It will directly match with the phase of the speakers and send anti-phase signal to nullify the effect of the blower. This will result in flat FR and phase coherent behaviour giving you precise image and tone and a sound stage that will be unparalleled.

if wooden flooring - then the Gaia's may work sir

My friends use these footers in their homes ( abroad ) and all of them have found a positive benefit in doing so.

if there is a way to try and return ( if you dont like ) please do so..

But hey - i must save my backside - YMMV :)

Sir, the Gaias are too expensive to experiment with.. Marble or wooden slabs I can spend on, squash balls I have in plenty and I can buy a rubber mat as well.. will try and replicate what the OP has done..

Even I am feeling like wanting to experiment with the idea of the OP to see if it benefits with my PL200 speakers.

panditji, if your current speakers have spikes then between the spikes and the floor place 1 cent euro coins. No other currency coin :)
And pl don’t ask me for explanation et al. Just try it. It works. I got this tip from one of the worlds top experts in resonance management.
So that’s 8 cents for your footers. :)

Don’t the speakers come with their own spikes?

The speakers come with their own spikes but not the feet for the spikes..There is another pair of spikes supplied with rubber feet but I prefer spikes. I had bought the spikes and feet in the link above and am using only the feet with the Tannoy spikes..

panditji, if you are ok to spending a bit more, get the Herbies Audio Spike Decoupling Gliders with the brass insert and use them between the spike and the floor. That’s what I use

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back