My not exactly DIY speaker isolation podium

panditji, if you are ok to spending a bit more, get the Herbies Audio Spike Decoupling Gliders with the brass insert and use them between the spike and the floor. That’s what I use
Let me research about those Prem. Have already sent feelers on Facebook for the euro cent coins...

Hehehehe .... Sir, have not paid for the McIntosh as yet... Looking for a group buy to squeeze the best possible price from the dealer.. It's not urgent or neither a necessary buy so will wait till I get another 2-3 people in the group buy and get myself the best possible price....

Also if I can get improvement by 8 euro cents, why buy the Gaia...

for that you might need to compare both - its logical.

of course we all know - you get what you pay for sir..:)

if 8 cents sound good to your ear - why not !

take your pick ! :)

Absolutely...To compare both, I would need to buy the Gaia which I am not prepared to at this time... Therefore I want to take the cheaper way out...

Will try his earlier tweak before spending 400 USD on the Gaia III

The new speakers at 120 kg each are way beyond the rated weight of the gaia3's. And the gaia 1's top out at 100 kgs too. Besides they are beyond budget too. So thinking of trying out the herbies footers that @prem suggested as they seem reasonably priced for what they do. That said, my previous marble experiment was also sounding great indeed if one wants to try. It was a definite improvement over the stock spikes I was using :)

My Turnberrys are each 30 kg each and therefore the reference to Gaia 3... Am going to try out your marble experiment and it is reasonably cheap to play around with.. If you do try the Herbies footers, I would be eagerly waiting to hear your feedback but knowing Prem, am sure it would work very well...

Guys, if you are experimenting with the Herbies, make sure you try the ones with the brass inserts. Not the ones with steel inserts.

The new speakers at 120 kg each are way beyond the rated weight of the gaia3's. And the gaia 1's top out at 100 kgs too. Besides they are beyond budget too. So thinking of trying out the herbies footers that @prem suggested as they seem reasonably priced for what they do. That said, my previous marble experiment was also sounding great indeed if one wants to try. It was a definite improvement over the stock spikes I was using :)
120 Kg each!!! I am reading this correctly?
Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back