Advise On B&W 683S2 Speakers And Matching Amplifier

ABRAM

My dear fellow FMs. I am looking at buying the B&W 683S2 (Available for a good deal).
But need advise for buying a Matching Amplifier.
My need is mainly for Music and would be playing through Bluetooth as other family members will play
through their own devices ie: Apple Devices.
However any other speaker and amplifier combination suggestion is most welcome.
I am attaching a picture of my room for reference. The setup will be in the living room,
but as you can see the dining room and living room is one big room
Need advise, the earlier the better as then I can grab the deal on B&W 683S2.
If these speakers are not suitable for the room size then please suggest another setup.
Budget around 1.5 +/-.
Thank you all in advance for your help.

Attachments

• B&W 683S2 FOR LIVING AND DINING ROOM COMBINED.jpg
    B&W 683S2 FOR LIVING AND DINING ROOM COMBINED.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 57
Have you heard the speakers or just going after good deal?
First clarify that, then would make sense to recommend further
Thanks

Thank you all for prompt replies.
I will be auditioning them shortly for a longer period of time. I had heard them briefly when I was travelling. I did like the way they sounded. But I don't know what they were setup on. Which amp and exactly which particular 600 series. Hence was wanting to know more about them as they are available for a deal. I also believe 683 is now discontinued and been replaced by 603. 603s priced at 180 though.

Helium. Instead of the setup you suggest. Won't an integrated amp like cambridge audio or rotel do.

Marsilians, as mentioned in my initial mail.
My budget is 1.5L +/-.
Music - Soft Rock, Pop, Jazz, Country, Instrumentals.
Equipment - Only inquired about B&W (Bowers and Wilkins 683S2), with a compatible Integrated Amp.
Cheers.

Some good amps I heard arcam fmj a39, creek audio 100A, roksan k3, naim nait. All very very good amps. And easily available in the market.

My dear fellow FMs. I am looking at buying the B&W 683S2 (Available for a good deal).
My need is mainly for Music and would be playing through Bluetooth as other family members will play
I am attaching a picture of my room for reference. The setup will be in the living room,
If these speakers are not suitable for the room size then please suggest another setup.
Budget around 1.5 +/-.

Hi

B&Ws work well with Yamaha / Marantz / Arcam / Rotel / Onkyo amps.....

As long as there is enough power to feed the speakers, you have no challenges....

Since you will play music through bluetooth.....this would be an ideal amp....

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n803/index.html#product-tabs

Based on budget, you can accordingly go for one model lower etc.

In terms of speakers, have you auditioned other Floor Standing speakers? Use the same song / CD as a reference..that will help to make an informed choice and decision.

You can look at the POLK RTiA series floor standing speakers (ProFx) which are good. There are Jamo C series also....(Cinebels Bandra) and even a variety of other brands.....https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/floorstanding/

Trust your ears....once you have finalised which speakers work for you best then you can decide on the amp for powering them up effectively with the required features.

We have ample dealers / outlets in Mumbai where you can audition and decide...most of them in the interest of sales will offer discounts and good deals.....see for the best....after all....Customer is King!

Efernand. Thank you very much for the suggestion and options. Will start with Bandra with Jamo and Polk. Then proceed to Town for B&W. Will do in 1 day so that I can distinguish the difference. Thank you very much.

Efernand. Thank you very much for the suggestion and options. Will start with Bandra with Jamo and Polk. Then proceed to Town for B&W. Will do in 1 day so that I can distinguish the difference. Thank you very much.

Welcome!

Keep us posted on what interests you and share the details around pricing...maybe some of us can then direct you to a better dealer / place for best prices etc.

All the best!

with your room size i will look at a KEF LS50 active speakers with inbuilt dac and wireless et al..

these should be able to handle 135 st ft with relative ease

The KEF LS50 Active / powered speakers will save you the trouble of looking for an amp and all the associated cables etc..

If not KEF - there is Dynaudio also - so look in that direction - IMO

choose the brand to your taste, features and pocket.

Those B&W floorstanders will need space to breathe - for starters

Marsilians, as mentioned in my initial mail.
My budget is 1.5L +/-.
Music - Soft Rock, Pop, Jazz, Country, Instrumentals.
Equipment - Only inquired about B&W (Bowers and Wilkins 683S2), with a compatible Integrated Amp.
Cheers.

I havent seen one in action but in speaking to couple of folks as well as reading, these speakers tend to be dynamic. So you will need a warm sounding integrated to drive these. Speakers are fairly efficient so, either tube amps (Cayin, Jolida) or a decent solid state with 50 wpc or higher should be able to drive these well. Depending on where you are looking to source these from, for 1.5L or even less, you have lots of options including some recent Class D integrated from Rotel, or hybrid integrated NAD or classics such as Marantz or Arcam.

You can visit KEI, Santa Cruz ( W ) for Tannoy,Elac and Denon, Stereo Treandz , next to Pruthvi Theater, Juhu for B&W, Monitor Audio, KEF , The Shop in Andheri -W for Warfdale, Paradigm, Viola- next to The Shop for Klispch,B&W, The Den - Worli for Paradigm,PMC,Denon, Anthem, Total Home theater- Nariman point for Monitor Audio, SVS and other brands, MZ Audio for Marantz, Pioneer, Boston Acoustics, Tags, Mission etc. ProFX Atria Mall - Worli for Denon, KEF, Polk etc... Cinebals - Khar- W for Jamo, Klispch, Fairdeal - CST for Yamaha, Focal, Pioneer, Jamo and last. ..... AudioVision CST for B&W

Budget around 1.5 +/-.

Those speakers are very power hungry, i got the s684 s2(younger brother) since a year & for slim towers they need a lot of power too for reaching their potential.

You need a good & powerful amp to really enjoy the S683 s2 otherwise you won't enjoy them, so my suggestion if you go for these speakers, don't chicken out on the amp. Buy the best you can afford.

Cheers.

MPW. I would really consider your suggestion. As I have just bought the B&W home theater with ASW610 and M1 combination. So will really consider Powered speakers as an option. It will avoid another full setup also.

RMPAHALE. Wow. You made me dizzy. Didn't know all these addresses for Sound Systems. I will have to be patient now and really visit them to take a demo and take a final call. Tks a lot.

Marsilians. Yes you are right. I have been reading on them. These speakers are really power hungry and the amps to drive them are seriously expensive. I got a quote for Rotel for 1.8 that is quite a lot more than the speakers cost themselves.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back