Advise on speaker system

prince_ell

Hey folks I have bought s Denon x2200w and am now planning to build a home theatre for my living room. Due to a constrained budget of about Rs 140k I am not sure of the options I would have. Necessarily looking for good audiophile floorstanders with dipole surrounds, centre and a powerful sub. I may go in for Atmos so bi-amping may not be feasible to begin with (so they say). The options I could list down are:
a. Morel Solan 5.1 system
b. Polk RtiA9 or Rti A7 with CSiA6, FXiA6 and Pro sub 550
c. Indiana Line Nota 5.1 system
d. Paradigm SE 3, SE C, Paradigm ADP 370 and a Sub
My requirement is more for music (all kinds) though also movies. Can someone recommend a good setup within the budget. You may suggest even beyond the options listed above. Thanks.

Hey folks I have bought s Denon x2200w and am now planning to build a home theatre for my living room. Due to a constrained budget of about Rs 140k I am not sure of the options I would have. Necessarily looking for good audiophile floorstanders with dipole surrounds, centre and a powerful sub. I may go in for Atmos so bi-amping may not be feasible to begin with (so they say). The options I could list down are:
My requirement is more for music (all kinds) though also movies. Can someone recommend a good setup within the budget. You may suggest even beyond the options listed above. Thanks.

Morel Solan 5.1 is an awesome set.Go Ahead !

Hi,

Look and audition other brands available..dont rush!

Shortlist what appeals to you in performance, connectivity, appearance etc and decide....you can share that list with us where we can give you some direction or guidance...

Sometimes there is good gear being sold in Hi Fi ads or For Sale by owner section...make sure you check these....you don't necessary need to spend ur entire budget.

All the best.....take ur kind of music / movies for auditioning

Thanks efernand1, another doubt - the receiver is 95 watts, 2 channels. Can someone guide me with the technicals to shortlist an appropriate speaker. The Polk RtiA9i is 50-500 watts, so someone told me that the receiver is underpowered for those speakers. How to I ascertain what outage is ideal for the receiver to deliver the needed quality.

Hi,

The speakers will work but not to their full potential...you will need a little over 100 watts rms continous power for RTI A9.

Why don't you look at RTI A7? It's 30k odd less and still 300w peak?

like all mass market brands
POLK does not specify the sensitvity with respect to any criteria
nor does it specify nominal,continuous or max rms
( non official website info i throw out of the window )

in absence of all this info it is pretty difficult to say how this speaker perform with any reciever
However i can say this much
500W is definitely what this speaker can handle !!!

now coming to some useful info
the brand has more to do with HT than stereo
Keeping that in mind and assuming truthful correctly measured sensitivity
you should be able to drive it with the said amp

try and audition the same combo
DENON with POLK etc etc

try not to assume that a said cspeaker will sound good with a said amp since both sounded good seperately

since you have picked DENON try to go with inhouse braqnds that you can audition with a denon
this is the safest

For music pref look at paradigm, morel. Polk mainly for movies.
Where is the Indiana Line Nota available?

the polk RTi series is nice..

you may look to the RTi A3 for fronts instead of full towers.. if you wish to reduce cost..

Large speakers suit large rooms and if you have a medium sized room - you can consider the Rti A3 + polk center channel + subwoofers to bring up the low end..

the center channel does most of the duties in at HT setup.

audition and buy..

regards

Thanks mpw.. I am inching more towards Paradigm SE. Heard good reviews of the same and after hearing Monitor 9 am sure the SE3 will sound much better than 9. Is that a reasonable assumption to make? the only hitch is that I am not be to demo the SE3.
Also recently I demoed Revel F32 and really liked the sound, only its again out of budget.

Hi,

I would suggest you hear the POLK RTI series with your kind of music and decide. Go to ProFx...they would also rope in a 10-15% discount with warranty.

They also deal with KEF...check those too..

There is BIC America - Avenue Sound....some BICs for sale in Hi Fi ads with 5 years + warranty...maybe worth to check those too.

Trust your ears and insticnts!

Hi i also plan to buy ht with 7.1 / atmos -what is I may go in for Atmos so bi-amping may not be feasible to begin with (so they say)

I am not av techi, please explain...

thanks

Has anyone heard or used Telome Speakers. I recently took a demo of their pro 800 towers and found them quite competent, though a bit on the sharper side. I guess detail was lacking a bit, so not really in the audiophile category even though the soundstage was quite impressive.
The price quoted was 40K for a pair. Do these make sense as then I can avoid all the future issues with respect to servicing of the speakers, if they are from paradigm etc. Please advice.

Hi,

One of my friends briefly used Telome. Indian brand who has been around for +15 years and make decent speakers...hallmark is the pro cubes which is the exact replica of Bose Jewel Cubes.

The towers or bookshelfs sound decent enough for stereo music...

Did you check BIC America?..those are good too..sub is awesome..

Hifi ads has a seller for 55k for a 5.1 setup with 6 yrs warranty...Mrp is almost 73k..

You can then add a pair of towers and complete the setup..

I have a great deal analysis for chorus 826w. Amazing sound and detail. Only thing is it has a slight tiny impact on its top side acrylic. The picture is attached for your reference. Though i am quite inclined in buying the speakers but need your advice.

Attachments

• IMG-20160810-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20160810-WA0008.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi

The Chorus 826 are great speakers and if your kind of music sounds much better with them, then go for it. Hope you have negotiated a good rate.

Back