Affordable Monitor Speakers?

This Roland cannot come close to Swans HiVi, I am not saying this. Some words from that TE user: I had owned a whole range of active spks (from AE2 to Roland M15D and many more) but none could come closer to Swans both in sound and build quality.

Also Swans HiVi have been appreciated and regarded highly in almost any HiFi Forum and I am surprised ppl on HFV don't talk much about this brand at this budget.

Hi Abhi,

Since you are dealer of the Swan speakers, why not offer a group buy of these through Hi-fi mart????

:)

swans are one brand of (enigmatic?) speakers that are well-acclaimed, yet not very much talked about on forums and less found about through a net-search. i mean, not much seems to be discussed on them, yet they find favourable opinion amongst people from i've heard/read about them.

Hi Abhi,

Since you are dealer of the Swan speakers, why not offer a group buy of these through Hi-fi mart????

:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
swans are one brand of (enigmatic?) speakers that are well-acclaimed, yet not very much talked about on forums and less found about through a net-search. i mean, not much seems to be discussed on them, yet they find favourable opinion amongst people from i've heard/read about them.

:eek:hyeah:

On head-fi, they are very much well-acclaimed and also on several forums, you may search on google :)

For further info.:

6moons audio reviews: Swans M200 MkIII

This Roland cannot come close to Swans HiVi, I am not saying this. Some words from that TE user: I had owned a whole range of active spks (from AE2 to Roland M15D and many more) but none could come closer to Swans both in sound and build quality.

Also Swans HiVi have been appreciated and regarded highly in almost any HiFi Forum and I am surprised ppl on HFV don't talk much about this brand at this budget.

At what price are they available??

priced on a cheaper side :

Roland MA-15D Digital Stereo Micro Monitors - Best Buy - Studio/Recording - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India

roland MA-15D has received some positive feedback from Mr. Hemant Waghe and a few other forum members here. don't personally know whether its VFM at that price (considering hefty ones like KRK are being discussed here). but talking to Mr. Waghe over phone, he really had some very nice words to say about them at length :)

never came across these before, Will have to research about them more.
Thanks for adding to the confusion LoL. :lol:

Now the time has come to replace my 5 year old 5.1 Ch sound system to something better.

I was thinking of getting a pair of Monitor speakers as I am into Music Production also so it would help.

So I was wondering if you guys could suggest me some affordable Monitor Speakers.

Thanks

There are many brands that are available whose speakers provide a wonderful audio experience.

I just bought Equator D5 after auditioning them against a few good active monitors like Genelec, Focal etc. These are receiving rave reviews on audio forums and seem to be the FOTM.

They sound very natural to me and I am very happy with my purchase.

I am appalled how noone has brought up the highly acclaimed sonodyne studio monitor series which are actually USED by studios around the world and is sworn by artists and studio professionals.

Here is their latest the SM 300
508248acb97bd_SM-300-M.jpg

entire studio series here
Welcome To Sonodyne

Do not underestimate them just because it's sonodyne!

Dude, read the heading of the thread, it says 'Affordable Monitor Speakers'
the model of Sonodyne your raving about is not in the affordable category :rolleyes:

As for affordable ones from Sonodyne, wait til Jan '13, there is a surpirse coming from Sonodyne for a person wanting an affordable pair of active speakers for home environment. This is 'inside info' revealed by the Director of Sonodyne :cool:

Lets hope he keeps his word!!!

I just bought Equator D5 after auditioning them against a few good active monitors like Genelec, Focal etc. These are receiving rave reviews on audio forums and seem to be the FOTM.

They sound very natural to me and I am very happy with my purchase.

Congrats! How much did you get them for & where from?

:rolleyes:
the model of Sonodyne your raving about is not in the affordable category :rolleyes:

As for affordable ones from Sonodyne, wait til Jan '13, there is a surpirse coming from Sonodyne for a person wanting an affordable pair of active speakers for home environment. This is 'inside info' revealed by the Director of Sonodyne :cool:

Typical of the poster... without having any price information or orignal posters budget -he posted the answer!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Hmm it appears you are correct, no respite being an indian brand :( Anyway, editted my post.

Prices of Some of the Sonodyne Monitors as on Jan 2012 In Mumbai

Prices are per unit and include all taxes.

SM 50 Aki - 21,000.00 - 2 way nearfield *LF 5.25''* HF 26mm *70 Hz ~ 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)

SM 100 Aki- 30,000.00-2 way nearfield *LF 6.5" * HF 26mm *60 Hz ~ 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)

SM 200 Aki- 38,500.00 - 2 way Midfield *LF 8'' * HF 26mm *40 Hz ~ 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)

SM 300 is 3 way with 8 inch woofer - must be expensive than SM 200 .......

Mind wel above prices are for SINGLE monitor...

@Marsilians - My budget is 6-7K and I am willing to check out the models Arin has suggested. The current setup lacks 4 speakers out of my 5.1 Channel system.Haha.
Music genres are varied because as a Producer and a DJ I have to listen to all of stuff which comes my way. So nothing specific , although I don't like tight bass I like it deep and boomy.

Has anyone checked it? Esp @ corelement
( Sorry myself too checked late - when told by denom)

Now how come those sonodynes or other monitors fit in the budget??

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back