Affordable Projector owners thread - Egate, Aun, Akey..etc.

Hi guys I recently bought aun aukey 6 non android from a fellow FM. This is my first projector and I am very much satisfied with the picture quality and Contrast.

As rightly told by arnprasad if ur using a projector for first time then believe me u will not be dissapointed with the picture quality. It's very easy to setup and key stone correction also is quite good. With moderate light in the room it has a decent picture quality.
But one issue I thought was reliability we never know how many days these Chinese products work.
Any one planning to get there first budjet home theatre projector they can get aun aukey 6 with out any second thought.

For aun, only Cavier gives best rate and 6 months warranty, buy directly and not through amazon. Buy the non android version and get the firestick separately. Android version normally hangs over a period of time.

What's the difference between andriod and non andriod. I have fire TV and Roku, so do not need andriod but is digital keystone adjustment available in non andriod?

Hi All,

I do see some threads on Egate projectors, but I did not see a dedicated owners thread. Given the extended periods of lock down expected and more people wanting to get into projectors, but not wanting to spend big bucks on branded ones, a dedicated thread will help them make the right decision.

Regarding my experience with projectors - I own an Acer 5360 which is 8-9 years old and used sparingly - around 3-4 times a month. I am very much impressed with the picture quality of this projector on a 120 inch screen although its only 720p.

As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, my kids have managed to destroy a wide range of gadgets since March from tablets to phones to LED Tvs. Since I wanted a large display to replace my TV at first floor, I thought a cheap projector should do the trick for occasional movie watching. I am an Aliexpress/Banggood/Gearbest bhakt when it comes to electronics(when begging my friends to get stuff from USA is not feasible). Now with the Pandemic and anti-China measures in place - I was checking out Amazon and Flipkart and only one affordable brand seems to rule the roost, claiming to be an Indian manufactured brand and all that. Given that some of the models have 4 star ratings by 100+ reviewers and also having good reviews on youtube and this forum - I felt happy that for once, I can buy something desi at reasonable prices.

Given my experience with Acer, I felt a 720p projector below 10K should do the trick. While I did not expect Egate to match Acer - I went with the analogy of 10-15K mid range Xiaomi phones vs 30-40K One plus phones. Having used both mid range Xiaomi phones and also phones with flagship processors like Nexus 5, Essential and now Redmi K20 - I was expecting Egate to perform like a Redmi 8 or 9.

I managed to haggle a 19K MRP ten month old Egate 531 for below 10K and bought it home today. To be fair to the person who sold me - he did mention that this projector is really bad compared to his Epson but I still went ahead as my expectations were very low

My initial thought of starting a thread was to tell people what a piece of crap this one is vis-a-vis my Acer. However I went through some of the threads of this particular model on this forum where people seem to be pretty happy with its performance and hence for now, will not rant - but would rather hear from people who have experienced this model to let me know what wrong I am doing.

1) Firstly I am not sure if Egate 531 is same as 513 - On the Amazon website - both are used interchangeably with the model claiming to have a mini computer inside it.
2) While my Acer is ceiling mounted and properly setup, the Egate was placed on a sofa and projected on the same screen.
3) My first impression is that the Egate does not even hold a candle to Acer. I am not even sure if this has 720p resolution as claimed
4) While some amount of calibration, focusing and proper physical setup will improve quality - I still do not think this will comes close to the Acer.
5) Also while the brand claims to made in India - the sticker on the box says this is an imported piece from China!!

Posting some pictures - one from Acer, one from Egate and one of the sticker.

Do let me know how I can make the picture quality better without buying additional calibration tools. My desktop is my HTPC.

First is Acer followed by Egate. In these photos it may seem like Egate video grab has more clarity when you look at the hair on his hands - but in real life - it looks really awful

Note: Pardon the bad english..no josh to edit this late in the day!

View attachment 46977
View attachment 46978View attachment 46980
hi.. I wanted to buy a projector for daily office work as a second screen. Requirement for screen size is around 30-40 inches and have a plan to keep the projector in minimum possible projecting distance. Can anyone suggest available options for me.

Hi, I am planning to buy AUN AKEY6S from Cavier Technologies. Is it a worth buy from them?
My projector 6S is running well for past one year and with my kids using it everyday in the morning for 4-5 hours for online classes and 2-3 hours in the evening for homework and entertainment. Like I have written above - well worth the price. I recommended this to my relative who bought one from Caviar as well.

I believe the 6 version..non android is not in stock per what he told me few weeks back. But that one is 1-2K cheaper. So better to for that if available

Akey6 non andriod version will be back in stocks in next 20 days as updated by Caviar.
I am in dilemma to go for between Akey6 and Wzatco S2. Wzatco supplier is bangalore and also have service facilities.

Which one did you go for finally?
Thinking about picking up one of these cheap projectors during this sale for casual watching. There is now an Aun Akey7 available as well.
I have bought Akey6 non andriod. If for casual watching Akey6 is good. For the price below 19K there are many, it may not many ppl tried it.
During my search I had shortlisted Wzatco S2 and Tonzo LS525 - there are nat many reviews online, but I feel they might be quite competitive to akey6/6S. I have suggested Tonzo LS525 for my brother.

I have bought Akey6 non andriod. If for casual watching Akey6 is good. For the price below 19K there are many, it may not many ppl tried it.
During my search I had shortlisted Wzatco S2 and Tonzo LS525 - there are nat many reviews online, but I feel they might be quite competitive to akey6/6S. I have suggested Tonzo LS525 for my brother.
How much did you pay?

I was checking some reviews of both Wzatco and Tonzo and sharpness and contrast seems to be better for Wzatco. Yes the Wzatco S2 costs the same and doesn't have Android whereas Wzatco S4 is a lot more expensive. However, I am not looking for a smart projector. Will attach a fire-stick if needed. Best part about Wzatco is that it has much larger keystone correction range and the sharpness at corners is very good.

After going through the reviews on Wzatco on Amazon, the main issue seems to be that dust gets very easily on to the lens. Has anyone faced these issues with the Aun Akey6. I noticed a strange thing with Aun listings on Amazon that there are no reviews. It seems the Caviar guys are smart and they keep making new listings every few days so that no reviews are available for their products. That way they get all reviews listing all the issues out of the way.

I was checking some reviews of both Wzatco and Tonzo and sharpness and contrast seems to be better for Wzatco. Yes the Wzatco S2 costs the same and doesn't have Android whereas Wzatco S4 is a lot more expensive. However, I am not looking for a smart projector. Will attach a fire-stick if needed. Best part about Wzatco is that it has much larger keystone correction range and the sharpness at corners is very good.

After going through the reviews on Wzatco on Amazon, the main issue seems to be that dust gets very easily on to the lens. Has anyone faced these issues with the Aun Akey6. I noticed a strange thing with Aun listings on Amazon that there are no reviews. It seems the Caviar guys are smart and they keep making new listings every few days so that no reviews are available for their products. That way they get all reviews listing all the issues out of the way.
You could check tonzo LS525 as it's price is just little higher then akey6s.
Wzatco S2/S4 and tonzo support better 60FPS thru some review. I do not support any brand, this was the thoughts went thru while purchasing. My requirement was non andriod.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back