Airtel DTH(?)

tian

Just saw Ads on TV on the Airtel DTH.

Any idea on the STB that Airtel is offering? Their website does not talk about it.
It may be too early, but does anyone have any dea on how this compares to TataSky, Dish and Big TV?

As per the PDF that I downloaded the STB has just Composite cables. No Component either.... :-(

When, when will we get a decent STB???????

Just got airtel DTH.

It has only composite out AND NO component or HDMI.

Quality is nothing extraordinary. I would say averagae for what we expected from DTH. My cable in CRT was really good.

With my sam 40" A 550.

Many channels are not clear. As I have seen tata sky, I don't find any difference. Though the service personnel told me I got the highest signal in the city so far.

Installation and activation was almost immediate work over in half an hour.

Signal strength they got was 242 ( that comes to 70-80% I suppose, signal quality 100.

Last edited:
well i have both BIG tv and Airtel Digital tv ,the colors on big tv are slighlty punchier when used via component then composite,but i cannot compare it to airtle bcause its connected to a regular CRT tv where as my big tv is connected to a lcd with profigold bandbridge component cables which cost 2k.
but to watch in airtel digital tv u will have a better experience
the channels change is faster vs big tv
the user interface is miles better vs big tv
unlike big tv, the stb doesnt hang.
universal remote comes very handy.
the stb and remote build quality are far better then big tv.
the DTH logo of Big tv is big and annoying where as the airtel symbol is small and translucent u wont notice it.
when u change a channel the the user interface is translucent u can still read the caption on news channels,in big tv its a different story.

Hi,

Air tel transmission as far as I have been using is not of such high quality.

So, I got Bandridge rca splitters and connected the composite separately to tv and my denon 2309 AVR.
So I can watch only TV or I can use TV with AVR without having to disconnect and connect again.

I found after up scaling through my AVR and HDMI, there was a perceptible difference in image quality. (My colour was really upscaled little extra also)

I thought many of you can try using this way.

Thought It may help some

Cheers

Hi,

Air tel transmission as far as I have been using is not of such high quality.

So, I got Bandridge rca splitters and connected the composite separately to tv and my denon 2309 AVR.
So I can watch only TV or I can use TV with AVR without having to disconnect and connect again.

I found after up scaling through my AVR and HDMI, there was a perceptible difference in image quality. (My colour was really upscaled little extra also)

I thought many of you can try using this way.

Thought It may help some

Cheers

Hi Pradski,

Thanks for trying and also sharing. Certainly useful information!

Sundirect has Component output, definitely there is a difference when i hook onto my 37 inch 5 Series SAMSUNG LCD TV.

Only problem i face with Sundirect is, when you change from one channel to another goes into wait mode for couple of seconds. :(

Ramesh S

Sundirect has Component output, definitely there is a difference when i hook onto my 37 inch 5 Series SAMSUNG LCD TV.

Only problem i face with Sundirect is, when you change from one channel to another goes into wait mode for couple of seconds. :(

Ramesh S

sun direct does NOT have component Out.

Also refer to the below link last paragraph says Sundirect set top box has component.

.Sun Direct TV subscription crosses 1 million mark | Televisionpoint.com News

Humble request, do not deny upfront if some one says that he is using something :eek:, i think you are not sure what a component out is.

Thanks
Ramesh S

dude that is a press release for the possible future STB ,the current STB do not have component out:p u can see it in their manual http://www.sundirect.in/downloadusermanual.php

Last edited:
Boss i swear i am using the component out of sundirect dth, doesn't makes sense to discuss further on this.

Ramesh S

well in that case it would be helpful if u could show some pictures or alteast say the model no/company not that i dont trust u but since i wasnt aware of this also since the sun dth manual doesnt show the presence of component out.did u get some new model?.

well in that case it would be helpful if u could show some pictures or alteast say the model no/company not that i dont trust u but since i wasnt aware of this also since the sun dth manual doesnt show the presence of component out.did u get some new model?.

We proud Indians never trust each other, enclosing my STB (sundirect) back & front view.

Last edited:
We proud Indians never trust each other, enclosing my STB (sundirect) back & front view.

Sadly the part about Indians not trusting other Indians seems to be true. BTW this has nothing to do about the discussion here. I am stating about how things stand in this great country of ours today.

I am not even getting drawn into the component video argument here...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back