Airtel HD - A Short Review

Now regional channels also looks like upscaled.Infact picture is looking sharp.

Completely agree. I was about to post this. The clarity of those channels have really gone up.

All in all , PQ is very good in both SD and HD channels.

Although there is a audio lag issue going on with Star Group HD channels off-lately.

I completely agree with Naveen.

The audio lag is not only in Star Group HD channels also in Movies Now HD channel. I have no idea whether it'll be rectified later or not?

I want make one more point here.

The History HD channel is providing the audio in regional languages as well as in English. But in Discovery HDworld and NGC HD only the English audio is available. When selecting the regional audio that option has been dashed upon. So, I couldn't select the regional audio. Only the English audio is available.

In other SD channels such Discovery, National Geographic, Animal Planet the regional language audio are available.

So, what may be thinking behind this? Maybe they are planning to launch separate HD channels in regional language also?

@jai ,

I think they cant , or unable at this moment to stream 2-3 5.1 audio channels.

If they could fix that stupid audio lag ASAP , i would be be happy.. Its like watching a foreign language channel , with someone narrating it in english .. :(

@Naveen,

As you said, the audio lag is a big problem in all the HD channels i guess. Its quite frustrating too... What is the reason for this?

Are there no Sports Channels in HD in airtel ???

Had booked airtel hd recorder but just came to know that there are no sports channels in HD in airtel :eek:

Need to cancel it and get Tata sky now...

Also, is there an audio lag if used directly with the TV too ?

Last edited:
@Naveen,

As you said, the audio lag is a big problem in all the HD channels i guess. Its quite frustrating too... What is the reason for this?

sorry for late reply ... audio lag is in star group HD channels. I have already emailed to nodal officer and i have spoken to them regarding it. sad thing is they dont know what the hell i am talking about.. they simply said they will send a service guy. I then explained them , that it is problem with broadcaster..

Are there no Sports Channels in HD in airtel ???

Had booked airtel hd recorder but just came to know that there are no sports channels in HD in airtel :eek:

Need to cancel it and get Tata sky now...

Also, is there an audio lag if used directly with the TV too ?

airtel might bring ten sports HD soon.. yes there is audio lag in stargroup channels as of now

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back