Airtel HD dth 5.1 connection settings..?

Sahilonline25

Hey guys I am new in here, so please excuse if i am a bit amature

OKay , so i have
A Sony KLV600Ex 40" LED HDTV
A Sony Home theatre DAV 810
and an Airtel HD STB

I got 2 HDMI Cables and one,
belkin optical cable (toslink)

Now since my airtel hd stb cant get the toslink in I connected one end of my toslink to miniplug
Gold Plated Optical Toslink Jack to Mini Plug Right-Angled Adapter / Converter | eBay

Now i need to know the connections....
to get 5.1 sound on my HTS and 1080i on TV
on hd channels....

p.s. My sony HomeTheatreSystem has only one HDMI port and TV has 4.

check ARC in ur tv and ur ht specs......if there is ARC ask how to enable ARC.ARC=audio return channel via hdmi...

if NO ARC then try to connect spdif out from stb to spdif in OF ht system

if there is no spdif in in the ht system then RCA out from stb to RCA in of ht syatem.

Hi Sahil

As your saying that your Airtel STB does not have toslink connection then I think it has Coaxial (S/PDIF) connection. A mini plug will not let you connect a Coaxial connection from the STB to your Sony HTIB's optical conenction.

What you now need is a Optical Toslink to Coaxial convertor, its available at eBay. But the best thing would to call Airtel and ask for a STB with toslink/Optical output connection, I believe Airtel also has models with Optical output.

Hey guys I am new in here, so please excuse if i am a bit amature

OKay , so i have
A Sony KLV600Ex 40" LED HDTV
A Sony Home theatre DAV 810
and an Airtel HD STB

I got 2 HDMI Cables and one,
belkin optical cable (toslink)

Now since my airtel hd stb cant get the toslink in I connected one end of my toslink to miniplug
Gold Plated Optical Toslink Jack to Mini Plug Right-Angled Adapter / Converter | eBay

Now i need to know the connections....
to get 5.1 sound on my HTS and 1080i on TV
on hd channels....

p.s. My sony HomeTheatreSystem has only one HDMI port and TV has 4.

The latest Airtel HD STB has optical connection. If you have optical connection in your Home theatre then there should be no problem in connecting with optical cable.

Connect your Airtel STB hdmi to TV hdmi for video

Connect your Airtel optical out to AVR optical point ..in case optical missing in Airtel STB try coaxial To coaxial connection for DD5.1

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back