Ajay124 at chandigarh

suri

A few moons back -

ajay124 - who calls chandigarh his home-

did me a great favor-

he sent me his compact digital discs (for a consideration).

and -

among those - "Leonard Cohen - Recent Songs"

on this cd - the sixth track - "The Traitor"-

clutches at my heart-strings each time i listen to it!

thank you - ajay124!:)

I agree with you suri. This guy's songs have the ability to really touch you. Like the song "Hallelujah" featured in the movie Watchmen. It makes that love scene come alive.

@Suri
Chandigarh is where I live,and I have a certain amount of affection for it,courtesy Le Corbusier's legacy.But I have never considered it my home.Even when I am physically present at one place,my mind is always somewhere else.For example I have just come back from a birthday party,where the conversation was plebian,the whisky lousy(had one drink of Antiquity and it tasted aweful and when I refused a second,the host poured me a JW Black Label and this tasted equally aweful.Blended whiskey are not for me,whether Scottish or Indian) and the conversation related to a TV serial called Big Boss.Anyway,I was physically present,but my mind was kind of absorbed with a movie I saw,a couple of days ago called Damnation by Bela Tarr.Incredible cinematography.The theme of ennui and nausea,inspired by existentialist philosophers like Sartre and Camus,is just the sort of depressing cinema that I find entertaining!:)The climax was remarkable,extending the possibilities of what great cinema can do.The hero having betrayed the women he loves and also his 'best' friend,heads out into a rotting,rain soaked landscape.He comes across a big,black stray dog,gets down on all fours and a barking contest ensues,two alley dogs facing off,all the lies and trappings of 'civilization' finally stripped off and anandoned....
My home has always been where my imagination leads it.And my imagination loves to roam across the universe.It does not have a name or a nationality.It's restless and easily bored.It shuns a settled existence and prefers a nomad's life....

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back