All Blu-Ray fans Rejoice !!

soundsgreat

Hi,

Hey guys very good news at last ! for those folks who already own the Blu-Ray players and for those who are waiting or cannot wait to buy it !

Finally there's a mod for the Blu-Ray player for making it region free :D!! there's a company which is offering a Kit based solution for making almost all the current gen players region free !

Well it wouldn't be a big surprise later many start to offer the same services and finally companies waking up to the reality and incorporating this feature by default :p !!

So all you guys who cannot wait to get their hands on this ,here's more details and place to order your kits;) !!

Blu-Ray Mods

Regards.

A step in the right direction!

The companies should understand that the region codes have not helped in countering piracy. They just discourage people from buying players from markets that sell them.

BTW, they do not seem to have the MOD for my Panasonic Blu-ray player. Not that I would have messed up with the player any way.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi,

Sharad thats the idea here !! companies should learn a thing or two from their previous experiences that no what they do to control these region locks sooner or later someone will unlock it :p!!

I think even they know that but are ready to gamble and sell as much as they can in the mean time before these mods appear in the market:( !

Anyways as always this is just a start or begining of a series of things to happen to the Blu-Ray players and market !

Btw first player in the list is a Pana Unit !! Here's the details ! I guess your's is a old gen player !

Player Panasonic DMP-BD35 ICOS HD multi region

Player Overview Panasonic DMP-BD35 ICOS HD multi region Plays all DVD region 1,2,3,4,5,6 (Automatic) PAL/NTSC.
Plays all Blu-Ray region A,B,C (Manual Switchable) PAL/NTSC.
ICOS Modified, 100% upgradable.
Can be upgraded with all the latest firmware updates, will NOT effect the ICOS modification.

Player Panasonic DMP-BD55 ICOS HD multi region

Player Overview Plays all DVD region 1,2,3,4,5,6 (Automatic) PAL/NTSC.
Plays all Blu-Ray region A,B,C (Manual Switchable) PAL/NTSC.
ICOS Modified, 100% upgradable.
Can be upgraded with all the latest firmware updates, will NOT effect the ICOS modification.

So they've covered players from Panasonic but not the old one's I guess ;) !!

Regards.

Last edited:
Pardon for checking. But is this above board, really?

I guess it would be shady ONLY if someone buys a counterfeit Blu-Ray disc AND watches them on an unlocked player. I would say this is something as legal (or illegal) as modding your car for more performance...

The companies should understand that the region codes have not helped in countering piracy.

Region codes were enforced by the DVD consortium initially and so any manufacturer part of that has to adhere to that. So blame the manufs partly for this.

However it should be easy to work around these codes. As you see BR is already being cracked. So its question of time before others players will become region free.

I used to get so frustrated years ago as when I could not purchase DVDs to play in India (or Europe) when on travel in the US. Thats when Oppo bailed me out. So no surprise I have owned 4 players.

The guy at the Panasonic stall at the "Times AV Revolution Exhibition in Bangalore" claimed that the DMP-BD30 playing there was region free. I didn't believe him though. He did not seem to have much idea, and was playing a real bad quality for demoing the Blu-ray player.

Thanks,
Sharad

He did not seem to have much idea, and was playing a real bad quality for demoing the Blu-ray player.

This is really sad. Seems to be becoming order of the day. Most shops and shopkeepers do not have good material to demo. If they have, they don't maintain it well. If they do, they have no idea what they are playing. They cannot match the demo material to what the client is looking for.

All this was acceptable with Audio CD and with DVD. But for the same to happen with a Blu-Ray? It is unbelievable.

Cheers

Few months back I asked the person in the Hitachi showroom. He said that they need to play the same signal on many TVs simultaneously. HDMI splitters are expensive, so they are still using component splitters. That seems to explain the usage of DVDs and 480P/576P signal for demos. Splitting the signal plays further havoc on the already poor content.
...and the final bit is taken care of by the choice of the disk.

Thanks,
Sharad

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back