All That Jazz ...

First the Pres and then Lady Day and the Pres...the golden yesteryears of jazz....great music , beautiful stories...

Some good deals in my latest haul:
Amazon UK
- Gilberto ~3 gbp
- Vitous ~4 gbp
- Blue Notes ~11 gbp
- Monk Underground ~5 gbp
Amazon US
- Monk Criss Cross ~$4
- Rhythm Kings ~$17 for 4 albums (not really jazz, but jazzy)

Also, check out the lineup on the Vitous album!

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Some good deals in my latest haul:
Amazon UK
- Gilberto ~3 gbp
- Vitous ~4 gbp
- Blue Notes ~11 gbp
- Monk Underground ~5 gbp
Amazon US
- Monk Criss Cross ~$4
- Rhythm Kings ~$17 for 4 albums (not really jazz, but jazzy)

Also, check out the lineup on the Vitous album!

View attachment 30661

View attachment 30662

Nice haul. The 'Vitous' is hard to get.

One of the greatest collaboration between Rock and jazz.It needed a musician of Sting's calibre to get them together.Sting himself says he sometimes felt that he was the backing musician when the jazz guys took their solos.BRING ON THE NIGHT By Sting.
Omar hakim-Drums
Kenny kirkland-Keyboards RIP
Daryll jones.-Bass
Branford Marsalis -Saxophone
cheers

One of the greatest collaboration between Rock and jazz.It needed a musician of Sting's calibre to get them together.Sting himself says he sometimes felt that he was the backing musician when the jazz guys took their solos.BRING ON THE NIGHT By Sting.

Wow! Seeing Sting in his mid 80s prime is a rare treat. Thanks for sharing.

^ Great choice, Sunilj!
EST deserves a wider audience. His demise at an early age was truly tragic.
There's an amazing vid of EST with Pat Metheny on YouTube, but I'm a Luddite at posting videos. Would really appreciate if someone clued me in!

Would really appreciate if someone clued me in!

Assuming you're on your phone watching a YouTube video. Touch any part of the video screen that is currently playing. An arrow pointing right up will show up. Touch that arrow. You'll see "Copy Link". Copy the link and paste it here in the forum. El simplo.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back