All That Jazz ...

Christian McBride Band live at Tonic. There are 3 CDs. This is the second. Has some mind-blowing jams. The third one too. I love this sort of improvisations and jamming. Sort of segues into jam rock/jazz as well.

Thanks for the reminder, Avinash! Great for a slow burning Sunday afternoon with a chilled beverage at hand :)
The addition of Charlie Hunter is a big plus. If you haven’t already, do check out Medeski, Martin and Wood, and their collaborations with John Scofield, as well. The quintessential jam band. Will post some pix later.

Not strictly jazz but I can't help but compare this guitarist to George Benson! He has the same smoothness and flow punctuated by a staccato style (though not as pronounced as Benson's).

IMG-20220306-WA0005.jpg
Louis Moholo Octet - Spirits rejoice. Some beautiful jazz from South Africa. My pick of the album is "wedding hymn (Matshikiza)" blends nicely into this other track called,
You ain't gonna know me 'cos you think you know me. Part of the record is sombre and the other a carnival (I mean that in a good way). Horn playing extravaganza. Dig the trombone playing here.
PS I took a shot at photography with my old phone.

Last edited:
Louis Moholo Octet - Spirits rejoice. Some beautiful jazz from South Africa. My pick of the album is "wedding hymn (Matshikiza)" blends nicely into this other track called,
You ain't gonna know me 'cos you think you know me. Part of the record is sombre and the other a carnival (I mean that in a good way). Horn playing extravaganza. Dig the trombone playing here.
PS I took a shot at photography with my old phone.
Love your posts! Keep them coming :)

Spent the evening listening to this mellow album

SACD175-1.jpg

“I hope listeners are able to find their truth in it,” RonMiles said of RainbowSign. “That when they hear it, it'll make them think of something, make them feel something that's special & unique to them. Wherever you are in your journey hopefully it'll speak to you in some way”

It did for me.

Ron Miles - Trumpet
Bill Frisell - Guitar
Jason Moran - Piano
Thomas Morgan - Bass
Brian Blade - Drums

“I hope listeners are able to find their truth in it,” RonMiles said of RainbowSign. “That when they hear it, it'll make them think of something, make them feel something that's special & unique to them. Wherever you are in your journey hopefully it'll speak to you in some way”

It did for me.

Ron Miles - Trumpet
Bill Frisell - Guitar
Jason Moran - Piano
Thomas Morgan - Bass
Brian Blade - Drums
Such beautiful tone @Fiftyfifty. Was sorry to hear of his passing. Loving the music. Thanks for introducing me to the music of Ron Miles.

Such beautiful tone @Fiftyfifty. Was sorry to hear of his passing. Loving the music. Thanks for introducing me to the music of Ron Miles.
Yes, the tone of the trumpet is amazing, isn't it! On some tracks its the cornet, popularized in jazz by the amazing Bix Biederbecke. Another notable feature is how Jason Moran, Bill Frisell and Brian Blade, all bigger names than Ron, are so subdued in their roles, allowing Ron to set the mood most of the time.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back