All the speakers I made - suri

Looking good Suri. Thanks for sharing.

In the last pic, what is that round wooden thingy that you are hammering with the mallot?

hammeringthewitchheart0.jpg

By witchesofsound at 2010-12-09

By witchesofsound at 2010-12-10

Suri,

What inspired you to pick this design ? or technically it is suppose to be this way ?

Just curious
Kittu

Bravo Suri!! This is ....... mind boggling...to say the least:).

Do post the plan and a cross section diagram please. Would like to try and figure out the that the labyrinth that the back wave will take.

Suri,

What inspired you to pick this design ? or technically it is suppose to be this way ?

Just curious
Kittu

hi kittu1977,

this thought has never been tried before - to build a transmission line sub-woofer and also confine the driver in a (sort of) 6th order bandpass - and use part of the transmission line to communicate with the air volume in front of the driver- the theory (idea, actually) that the movement of the cone is not controlled by the air mass in the transmission line behind the driver, but also an air mass (communicating with the transmission line) in front of the driver-

the need to do mad things inspired me!:)

suri

I would love to read the brochure of those speakers to see what Suri writes about them, I mean Suri's version of the usual loudspeaker brochure blah blah.

I would love to read the brochure of those speakers to see what Suri writes about them, I mean Suri's version of the usual loudspeaker brochure blah blah.

You mean the 'L T T' Version :eek:hyeah: (LTT=London To Tokyo);)

Just Kidding Suri :D Your Speakers Speak for themselves, No Brochures Needed At All :clapping:

hi iaudio - i need a spark of inspiration to start on this - but your post has started an idea in my mind -

look out for an irreverent sales spiel soon!

This is some really inspired designing. Awesome ! I love the spirit Suri :clapping:

BTW: My blumenhofer is completely made of plywood. And no screws ! The woofer is back loaded with a horn which fire to the bottom. I am amazed what these speakers can do day by day.

Last edited:
Suri, OH Suri!
Please move base to Mumbai,
Suri, we need this madness of yours puri puri
Mumbai can do with the witches,
we have 'nuff b1tches,
do a demo here,
an exhibition perhaps,
we'll be ready with the power switches!

Suri's speakers have to be seen to be believed and auditioned to be experienced. A pilgrimage to his place is in order to understand the true potential of diy hifi.

Hey Suri,

Will you be in town during Dec-24 Dec 29 period ? I am planning to drive down via Kannur on the way to Trivandrum. Maybe stay in some of those really nice locations in Wayanad before proceeding.

Would love to see/hear those witches.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back