Allo Digione with Nirvana smps

Anshul_J

HI,
I am using an Allo digione(non signature) with the supplied wall wart, will the the Nirvana smps improve the sound quality, if so by how much. I know it improves in the signature version, does anyone has a firsthand experience with this. Thanks in advance.

It should make an improvement, by how much is difficult to say. Whether you can perceive the difference is also hard to predict. I am planning to get this, are you happy with it?

HI,
I am using an Allo digione(non signature) with the supplied wall wart, will the the Nirvana smps improve the sound quality, if so by how much. I know it improves in the signature version, does anyone has a firsthand experience with this. Thanks in advance.
I'm running Allo Digione Signature Streamer with LPSU from AliExpress, its sounding very good, battery pack or Power Bank is supposed to be superior but I could not make out the difference between it LPSU. In fact LPSU sounds much cleaner with Meaty Tonality.
I think Allo Shanti is better than Nirvana , but I couldn't find any reviews properly comparing them.

Received the Nirvana smps today. Definite improvement in sound, it is more open, better soundstage, slightly better separation also, highs are slightly more pronounced. I will be upgrading my amp soon, will give a better picture then.

Nice to hear there is an improvement in sound. What are the other components in the chain?
Congrats for your purchase..

Nice to hear there is an improvement in sound. What are the other components in the chain?
Congrats for your purchase..
Allo digione - Schiit Modi2- Marantz PM 6005- Rethm Bhaava. I am waiting for Aniket to complete the AD1862 dac, tube preamp and tube power, amp for which I have placed an order with him and am expecting by next week(subject to lockdown relaxation)

Last edited:
On their website Allo mentions that manufacture is done here in India. If I were to order one of their products, does it ship from abroad?

Was anyone able to A/B Nirvana vs Shanti in the same chain? Would be really interesting to know the results

Was anyone able to A/B Nirvana vs Shanti in the same chain? Would be really interesting to know the results
If your system isn’t very highly resolving , there will be no audible difference between Nirvana and Shanti. I’m using the Nirvana, if I had any use of dual output I would have gone for Shanti.

If your system isn’t very highly resolving , there will be no audible difference between Nirvana and Shanti. I’m using the Nirvana, if I had any use of dual output I would have gone for Shanti.

Thanks, I guess like with most things that last 5-10% improvement only exists if you have a mega bucks setup

Thanks for sharing this link. I too have the Nirvana smps. afaik the general consensus is that it's more than good enough iso spending much more for the shanti lps. Thankfully I don't have golden ears:D

I've both nirvana and Shanti and I can see some difference on how they sound. Shanti has little wider soundstage with better instrument placement. Instruments and vocals sound little thin and lifeless compared to nirvana. Instruments sound meatier and bigger with nirvana and I can feel the emotion in vocals.

below is my chain
Source - Samsung a52/ RPi 4b
DAC - Topping e30
Amp - Marantz pm8006
Speakers - Kef q500.

Shanti PSU sounding thin and lifeless might be due to my dac. YMMV

I've both nirvana and Shanti and I can see some difference on how they sound. Shanti has little wider soundstage with better instrument placement. Instruments and vocals sound little thin and lifeless compared to nirvana. Instruments sound meatier and bigger with nirvana and I can feel the emotion in vocals.

below is my chain
Source - Samsung a52/ RPi 4b
DAC - Topping e30
Amp - Marantz pm8006
Speakers - Kef q500.

Shanti PSU sounding thin and lifeless might be due to my dac. YMMV

I'm using Allo Nirvana with Toppings E30 and the chain is extremely musical for songs played through Laptop or iPad with converter >Audio Quest Jitterbug>Audio Quest USB feed to E30. Sounds sooo good

Also planning to use with iFi Zen Blue for streaming from iPad.

I'm using Allo Nirvana with Toppings E30 and the chain is extremely musical for songs played through Laptop or iPad with converter >Audio Quest Jitterbug>Audio Quest USB feed to E30. Sounds sooo good

Also planning to use with iFi Zen Blue for streaming from iPad.
Exactly, topping e30 and nirvana sounds musical and nirvana would be one of the best psu for e30

I took the plunge with Shanti myself recently. Imo the leap from Nirvana to Shanti was same as regular smps to Niravana. PSUs aren't the sexiest gear to discuss but I'm really impressed by Shanti!

I took the plunge with Shanti myself recently. Imo the leap from Nirvana to Shanti was same as regular smps to Niravana. PSUs aren't the sexiest gear to discuss but I'm really impressed by Shanti!
can you mention the gear you're using with Shanti lps. I was hoping the jump from nirvana to shanti would improve the audio by good margin but it didn't work out that way in my setup.

I think allo has a quality control problem. I didn't find any improvement of Shanti over the Nirvana SMPS. Maybe my shanti isn't good enough or the Nirvana isn't good enough. But my Nrivana is not able to power my RPI4 with Kalli Reclocker and Piano 2.1 boards attached to it. However without the boards it runs the RPI4 without any issue. I don't have any access to oscilloscope to see if there are any issues with the PS. Maybe one day I will send the Nirvana to Bangalore. It is still under warranty. I have noticed quality issues with Allo Revolution DAC, Allo Volt+ class D amp, Piano 2.1 signature player, all of which I fixed myself using my soldering iron.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back