Almost bought Bose CineMate GS Series II Digital Home Theatre Speaker System

amit.gaharwar

Hi,

I almost bought CineMate GS Series II Digital Home Theatre Speaker System Bose's (The CineMate GS Series II Digital Home Theatre Speaker System) for pairing with my Samsung 5-series 32" LCD TV.

Anyways before the "actual buy", I browsed for Bose products and read mostly "not so pleasant" reviews regarding Bose products.

I did audition the above product and liked it but after browsing the net and forums pulled at the last moment.

The basis for going for this specific product was that I can connect USB to my TV and also I can connect my iPod to the system to hear music. Crazy thinking but that was the rationale.

Anyways, now I seek your advice to get a good setup for mostly music (80:20 music:movies).

I listen mainly to Pink Floyd and Rock is my preferred genre. And a deep thumping bass just gives me goosebumps.

Some knowledgeable audiophile folks in my circle have suggested a 2.1 setup and that too once they had "heartily laughed me out" over my decision to go for Rs 53,888 Bose setup.

So folks here I am. Please pour in your ideas and suggestions.

Cheers,
Amit Gaharwar

Amit, Any other system you heard which you like better than the Bose?

I am guessing you would like to keep the budget at around 60k?
If you are looking at 80% music use, it would be better you go for a stereo set up with a subwoofer.
Integrated stereo amp, ca 540a,marantz pm5003, for around 20k
Speakers: Bookshelf speakers like Wharfedale 9.1, MA BR2, Paradigm Atoms( price range from 12-22k)
Subwoofer: matching subwoofer for around 20k.
Titus

pulled at the last moment.

Good job!

Anyways, now I seek your advice to get a good setup for mostly music (80:20 music:movies).

And a deep thumping bass just gives me goosebumps.

Well, you indeed need a stereo setup if music is your preference, no other route can satisfy the way it does. So, some questions...

> Budget.
> Bookshelf or Floorstanding speakers.
> Room size.

:)

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies. Here is the info:

1) Budget 50k
2) Room size 14 x 12

Also I have been browsing through these forums and also wanted your feedback on the following:

AudioEngine A5 bookshelf speakers (19.5 k) + AudioEngine A8 Sub (19.5 k)

Amp I am not sure.

Also the above configuration is just my first shot after browsing through the forums.

Hope to get your advice.

Thanks & regards,
Amit Gaharwar

Amit, you have not browsed enough it seems! Audioengines you are talking about are active speakers i.e with built in amplifications. You dont need a separate amp with them.

@iAudio,

Yes, you are right about the Audioengine A5 speakers.

I wanted forum's opinion if the mentioned set-up is good for listening to mostly or shall I go for a separate amp with passive bookshelf speakers and SWF.

Cheers,
Amit Gaharwar

Amit,
If you are looking at Audioengines, you can also looks at the sm1 active speakers from Sonodyne. One of our forum members heard it and found it far better than the Audioengines.

I would always prefer separates, as with an active speakers, once you want a change, you have to change your amp and speakers, no two ways about it.
Try auditioning the combos mentioned in my first reply and see what fits your bill.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back