Altec lansing mx5021

kannanokannan

Hi all,
I know it's quite a long shot.. But wanna still try. Still having a ticking Mx5021. Started using after having in store for almost 2 years, now the Woofer gets odd crackling noise...! Along with music thats played. NO, the cone is fine. The behaviour is random meaning sometimes no issues on session even at high volumes. Sometimes just starts crackling even when switched on. The crackling continues even when standby mode but at low volume. Any pointers greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kannan

MX5021, such a good music system. Powerful, clean and straight forward. If possible, restore it and keep it.
Do not connect anything, anything to the sub unit. Plug its wire in socket and power it all alone. Is the cracking noise from sub still there?
Now connect that table top dial remote to sub, play with volume and notice if the same bhurpp.. khaar... noise is there. Make sure that the noise if from SUB unit and not because of wires or something.
I have one F&D 2.1 model that have started making similar noise, it doesn't matter if anything is playing or not, connected to it or not it will randomly make noise. I dissembled the unit but found nothing burnt or broken.
Check yours by dissembling Sub unit from blown up capacitors or parts. Simply bring it to TV/speaker repair shop and get it repaired as you can't do much at home for it.

Hi all,
I know it's quite a long shot.. But wanna still try. Still having a ticking Mx5021. Started using after having in store for almost 2 years, now the Woofer gets odd crackling noise...! Along with music thats played. NO, the cone is fine. The behaviour is random meaning sometimes no issues on session even at high volumes. Sometimes just starts crackling even when switched on. The crackling continues even when standby mode but at low volume. Any pointers greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kannan

My logitech z506 subwoofer had similar issue. The issue was probably, due to the potentiometer on the sub having rust.
Spraying an antirust solution/petrol inside the pot was suggested. Otherwise replacing the pot.

(my bad luck that I gave the speaker to wrong guy to service and he damaged it permenanetly)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back