Alternative to bluray disks

ajeetk

Hello members,

As my learning curve on HIFI journey is moving, I learned that Netflix or Prime Video does not feed great audio source to receiver and same content on bluray disk is a world apart in term of Sound Quality.

Personally I am not much inclined toward maintaining a bluray player and piles of disks for it.

I am looking for alternative to it. is it possible?
if Yes:
  1. What is the Hardware equipment I need?
  2. What are the softwares I need?
  3. Do I need any subscription plan?
Is it possible that some site provides high quality movie content(paid or unpaid) and I can download and play through NVIDIA shield or something like that?

Please help me with your valuable suggestions. I am scratching my head to understand this part to enjoy good sound quality along with picture too :)

Hello members,

As my learning curve on HIFI journey is moving, I learned that Netflix or Prime Video does not feed great audio source to receiver and same content on bluray disk is a world apart in term of Sound Quality.

Personally I am not much inclined toward maintaining a bluray player and piles of disks for it.

if Yes:
Is it possible that some site provides high quality movie content(paid or unpaid) and I can download and play through NVIDIA shield or something like that?

Please help me with your valuable suggestions. I am scratching my head to understand this part to enjoy good sound quality along with picture too :)
Please try 4k-HD.club a paid one but you will get original content.

Please try 4k-HD.club a paid one but you will get original content.
it says I can play through VLC.3.0. so I will need a PC I think, am I right?

I was thinking some option where it can give me a downloaded file in my hard drive and I can copy paste it to NVIDIA shield which can play it with bluray like quality.

Am I thinking right, is it possible?

it says I can play through VLC.3.0. so I will need a PC I think, am I right?

I was thinking some option where it can give me a downloaded file in my hard drive and I can copy paste it to NVIDIA shield which can play it with bluray like quality.

Am I thinking right, is it possible?
Do you think the downloaded files say about 50+ gb will be same as Bluray disc quality both audio and video.

That is what my doubt is Girish. I don't know abt it.
I have used sony bdp4500., play station4 and Sonyx700. I have compared them side by side with nvidia shield playing the same movies using blu ray disc and movies that are 40-50gb locally through nvidia shield. For my ears I don’t find any difference and hence I sold all and settled with the nvidia shield. For OTT I found ps4 better. Also using kodi you don’t need to download movies. Subscribe to real debrid and stream those 40-50gb files directly

Hello members,

if Yes:

Which model TV you own.

If you are having old 1080p LCD TV below suggestion on investment is not for you.U can try with Mibox S for some time.

Assuming you have PJ / 4k.
There are lot of options available depends on your budget.
If you are familiar with DIY and Computer skills,HTPC journey is endless.
If you are looking at one stop solution without much R&D,
With streaming* options checkout for Shield Pro.
If streaming is not reqd,look for Zidoo models.
There are few FM and friends circle i know who moved to Zidoo from Shield & HTPC for its offline player capabilities.Yes ,even i settled with Zidoo after trying above options. Preference/Opinion and taste differs person to person.

Zidoo plays seemless if you have complete remux files of 4k/1080p Bluray with Atmos content.

Streaming capabilities with offline content playback - Shield Pro
Offline files playback- Zidoo

Keep some select discs of your favourite movies. For the rest Best alternative is streaming. Get an Amazon firestick and enjoy Prime, Netflix, etc. in all its glory. It's convenient, easy to use by all and trust me watching a movie with family with ease is a lot more entertaining than hunting for the ultimate sound quality.

MaSh

Apple TV 4k is best hardware if you want to enjoy 4k content plus Atmos plus HDR/Dolby vision. There is app, infuse 6 pro which you can use to stream from computer to Apple tv 4k with Atmos and hdr/DV.

Downloaded file of 30-50gb and more are most likely REMUX and it is exact copy of Blu-ray excluding menus, extras and addition languages to keep the file size low.
But keep one thing in mind, downloaded REMUX with Atmos is not compatible with Blu-ray players. I have already tested on Sony and Panasonic 4k Blu-ray players. You can use apps like infuse on ATV and Nvidia shield (I don't own shield but heard it can play Atmos from REMUX file.)

Apple TV 4k is best hardware if you want to enjoy 4k content plus Atmos plus HDR/Dolby vision. There is app, infuse 6 pro which you can use to stream from computer to Apple tv 4k with Atmos and hdr/DV.

Downloaded file of 30-50gb and more are most likely REMUX and it is exact copy of Blu-ray excluding menus, extras and addition languages to keep the file size low.
But keep one thing in mind, downloaded REMUX with Atmos is not compatible with Blu-ray players. I have already tested on Sony and Panasonic 4k Blu-ray players. You can use apps like infuse on ATV and Nvidia shield (I don't own shield but heard it can play Atmos from REMUX file.)
Thanks dev for response.. yeah remux with shield looks viable option for me.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back