Alternatives to Logitech Z-5500 5.1

Glad that you are enjoying the Edifier, I have had my edifier for more than 3 years now. And when it comes to computer speakers (apart from Klipsch Promedia, Audioengine and Swans), logitech, Creative and others do not come close to what the Edifiers offer. You will enjoy it much much more than the Z5500 for sure.

I checked with the local car accessories shop and they had only speaker wires of 7.5mm which I believe is too low. Fortunately I checked in my old Logitech Z5500 box and found that those speakers also have the same detachable wire (I originally thought they came with permanently soldered wire like my old Mercury 5.1 set). Their cable was shorter than that of Edifier's but luckily it was enough for my rear speakers. And it worked. So thanks guys, for all the help.

And yes shibashis, I am very much enjoying this Edifier set and mid and low frequency sounds are amazingly pristine.

How is the surround sound? I will face the exact same problem. Playing DTS movies from my PC using analogue connections :eek:
Yes I saw that but that is ok with me because I need only analog 5.1 from my Creative X-Fi card. I used it that way with my Z-5500 too. Besides, I mostly watch blu-ray discs and the speaker doesn't decode DTS-HD audio anyway. So analog 5.1 is fine.

I still have to find out how movies with DTS audio will sound on these (or any 5.1 speakers) connected analogue. Plus Swans will be out of my budget.
Well, if there is a good demand for excellent 5.1 speakers for HT and PC audio purpose so we can bring Swan M60 which is better than all other 5.1s, onkyo HTs and some others to name.

Last edited:
Their M50s look amazing, that sleazy shiny look of their 5.1 is a turnoff :p. If they'd take my advice (lol) i would want them to look like edifier S550 :p
That's the only reason we are not importing this model. How would you like it to be look alike, we might tell the company to change it's looks as per Rockfella's suggestion ;)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back