Am I doing harm to my AVR?

shinshya

Friends,

I am using Yamaha AVR RX-V585 in my living room HT setup plugged into a 40inch SONY LED TV which is close to 10yrs old. AVR is connected to Tata Sky HD STB, Jio STB and PS3 through HDMI IN slots. TV is connected through the HDMI OUT slot. Most of the time I watch TV(news and other old movies) without switching on the AVR(pls note that the AVR does the pass through job while in standby mode). It will be switched on only when I watch movies through Jio STB/PS3. As you would have realized the AVR is powered on all the time, though it is in standby mode. I don't use any voltage stabilizer or UPS in this setup. All these are connected through surge protector(Belkin).
My question No1 is, Am I harming the AVR, using like this for long hours?

Though I don't notice any power fluctuations in my area, there is occasional power cut and in few mins my apartment's Genset will be switched on manually. During power cut I keep the main power switched off and switch on while the power is restored through Genset. Is this OK OR any stabilizer/UPS needs to be used in this setup?

Appreciate your response.

Friends,

I am using Yamaha AVR RX-V585 in my living room HT setup plugged into a 40inch SONY LED TV which is close to 10yrs old. AVR is connected to Tata Sky HD STB, Jio STB and PS3 through HDMI IN slots. TV is connected through the HDMI OUT slot. Most of the time I watch TV(news and other old movies) without switching on the AVR(pls note that the AVR does the pass through job while in standby mode). It will be switched on only when I watch movies through Jio STB/PS3. As you would have realized the AVR is powered on all the time, though it is in standby mode. I don't use any voltage stabilizer or UPS in this setup. All these are connected through surge protector(Belkin).
My question No1 is, Am I harming the AVR, using like this for long hours?

Though I don't notice any power fluctuations in my area, there is occasional power cut and in few mins my apartment's Genset will be switched on manually. During power cut I keep the main power switched off and switch on while the power is restored through Genset. Is this OK OR any stabilizer/UPS needs to be used in this setup?

Appreciate your response.
I had this same doubt before I purchased my AVR. This has been already discussed by our FM

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back