Amazing Thorens EXCELDA portable vintage phonograph !!!

Anil kumar

I found this beauty in one of the second hand audio equipment shops in Bangalore recently. This amazing little TT works!!! After winding, the platter spun for 6 minutes. As there was no 78rpm record i could not test it (i have used 45rpm disc for illustration). The tone arm, winding handle and diaphragm are stored inside and can be assembled quite quickly. The speed control are operated by a lever at the back. Small little 2.5" platter is covered in brown felt, and the record is secured by screw that closes the case. The leather carrying handle is intact and in good condition This rare portable phonograph is in amazing condition for it's age & its a beauty!!

This authentic portable gramophone was made by Thorens in 1930s. This Portable unit is in blue with metal, faux-lizard, crackly finish. The Dimensions are 2" high, 11" long, and 5" wide. Everything works, looks like there are no missing parts. One of these cuties was sold for 20k on eBay recently, that's a lot of money :sad: It's amazing that these beauties are for sale in our country.

Have a look @ Radiomuseum: Thorens EXCELDA portable vintage phonograph

See it in action: Thorens Excelda Cameraphone

ThorensExceldaTT-01_zpsfb09dcaf.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-06_zps246606f6.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-07_zpsb124f219.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-02_zpsebf6de49.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-04_zps8cd920e7.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-05_zps9029ae18.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-03_zps34854f0a.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-08_zpsd0cbeb36.jpg

SignatureforHFVsmallestFINAL.jpg

Looks fantastic Anil Kumar!!
Congratulations on your find! :clapping:

I found this beauty in one of the second hand audio equipment shops in Bangalore recently. This amazing little TT works!!! After winding, the platter spun for 6 minutes. As there was no 78rpm record i could not test it (i have used 45rpm disc for illustration). The tone arm, winding handle and diaphragm are stored inside and can be assembled quite quickly. The speed control are operated by a lever at the back. Small little 2.5" platter is covered in brown felt, and the record is secured by screw that closes the case. The leather carrying handle is intact and in good condition This rare portable phonograph is in amazing condition for it's age & its a beauty!!

This authentic portable gramophone was made by Thorens in 1930s. This Portable unit is in blue with metal, faux-lizard, crackly finish. The Dimensions are 2" high, 11" long, and 5" wide. Everything works, looks like there are no missing parts. One of these cuties was sold for 20k on eBay recently, that's a lot of money :sad: It's amazing that these beauties are for sale in our country.

Have a look @ Radiomuseum: Thorens EXCELDA portable vintage phonograph

See it in action: Thorens Excelda Cameraphone

ThorensExceldaTT-01_zpsfb09dcaf.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-06_zps246606f6.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-07_zpsb124f219.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-02_zpsebf6de49.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-04_zps8cd920e7.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-05_zps9029ae18.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-03_zps34854f0a.jpg

ThorensExceldaTT-08_zpsd0cbeb36.jpg

SignatureforHFVsmallestFINAL.jpg

Did you pick it up or not? That's not clear in your post! How much is the ask-price, just in case it is still continuing being a show-piece?

I did not buy this, but the seller is quoting 17k, it's worth the price.

TTanimationnew10july2014_zps69217576.gif

You can do business out of this..and sure there will be takers worldwide...
first go and upload this in ebay..when you find buyer for 50k..then buy this from store owner and sell it...:eek:hyeah:

cheers
Dheeraj

I wonder what the fair price/value is? It is useless as a practical record player, but a wonderful, fantastic collector's item.

ok, ok... I've just told myself the answer: whatever anybody is willing to pay!

I wonder what the fair price/value is? It is useless as a practical record player, but a wonderful, fantastic collector's item.

ok, ok... I've just told myself the answer: whatever anybody is willing to pay!
If its 10k, I would have laid my hands on it!!

My wallet is small and any thing more than that , my purse owner would scream for next 3 months..

They are very impressive units, while clearing my late grandfathers house I found one in mint condition with a tin of spare needles, all parts in great condition and present. The unit is the green unit, if anyone is interested drop me a mail and I can send over some photos.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back