Amazingly fast DIY pcbs :marker baked

kaushik

many of the audio DIY needs pcbs wiring on veroboard wasts time and replacing components is very painful

image.jpg

Capture.jpg

An easy method exists [not too new]
EASY transfer design
1)get the FR4 copper ,plan the layout on paper its is very easy to do many times it is like the schematic if u find difficult to design
2)make sure thicker tracks for important areas
fill the design with marker .I make pads first and then join them with marker fills
3)[this makes it faster] bake (heat !) near 40w bulb
for 15 mins

EASY chemicals
============
cleaning hcl
h202 from nearby chemist

* add 30% water to the HCL
* mix like 5-7drops of h2o2
for smaller pcb

put in a plastic cap --why buy a tray :indifferent14:

*place dried out board in that , wait 4-6min ...voila we have our PCB ready -xtra highend audio gear ... 90%done

make sure area is well ventilated and acid spills have no issue
Acid is no that strong so if u touch also , was in 1-2mins

no dirty fecl3 no running for photolaserprints , wasting time to remove paper

and lastly the chemicals after usage do clean tiles well so no waste !!!!

Last edited:
Main point is to avoid the Fecl3 and mess ...
for simple circuits the marker wins big time ...yes bigger ones can be done via toner
but locking the toner for hcl is tricky i tried but the hcl eats it .... the slow junk ferric cloride (i am sure 50% go waste all d time ) is pain in d A** ...

many time it is odd time at night like 10 pm ..dunt wanna run to laser printer shop and try many modules , keep ironing (buy photo papers uuuh ! ) etc and so on ..

keep ironing (buy photo papers uuuh ! ) etc and so on ..

yeah, the going to laser printer shop is a pain.. I use what hifi magazine, works great, i have quite a few old issues... hcl+h2o2 shouldnt cause issues with toner, maybe you need to revisit your ratios, or use a different printer/shop. I havent tried that yet, but lots of people report success.

yeah, the going to laser printer shop is a pain.. I use what hifi magazine, works great, i have quite a few old issues... hcl+h2o2 shouldnt cause issues with toner, maybe you need to revisit your ratios, or use a different printer/shop. I havent tried that yet, but lots of people report success.

saving the toner protection, thatz lot trial and error ... i can make the hcl way dilute ,use toner method for better looking traces

..on the other hand i am getting photo paper from banggood dot com , photo UV method is D best for the professional grade pcbs

the finally diluting does not make sense if it takes 4hours to do the job with HCL so 15minute DIYs --means marker
its not that hard ,just like making a small sketch ;) one more thing is the scaling , i can place the chips and tubes and get the exact pin positions
and quickly finish marker drawings

Pretty cool videos from Indonesia using some mosquito repellent lotion to achieve
cold Toner Transfers with awesome results -

An important safety tip to those who want to try this:
NEVER add water to acid. The HCl solution (muriatic acid/toilet cleaner) you get at a grocers' can be quite strong. To make the acid solution, first fill in water required, then slowly pour in the required volume of acid, preferably along the side of the beaker.
Cheers,
~hp

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back