Amazon fire stick and audio quality

amit11

Hi friends,

does any body use amazon fire stick along with a projector? i wanted to know how you divert sound to your speakers. And how is the bluetooth sound from it. Thanks.

thanks,
amit.

Hi friends,

does any body use amazon fire stick along with a projector? i wanted to know how you divert sound to your speakers. And how is the bluetooth sound from it. Thanks.

thanks,
amit.
If you have an avr you can connect the firestick directly to one of the HDMI inputs. How have you set up ur system?

I currently have normal stereo setup. Not yet purchased any projector nor the firestick, but was researching on it since I might be purchasing down the line. In my room I am doing some renovation and have made provision for electrical point for projector, at a height of 7 foot. I also provisioned a conduit pipe for speaker wire. however I realized that there is no wiring from projector to my stereo amp, either for hdmi and nor for audio. :-(

I was all the time thinking that projectors have cast facility so from my mobile I can cast youtube videos to projector. But then realized that sound would then come from the small speakers of projector, and not from my audio speakers.

I currently have normal stereo setup. Not yet purchased any projector nor the firestick, but was researching on it since I might be purchasing down the line. In my room I am doing some renovation and have made provision for electrical point for projector, at a height of 7 foot. I also provisioned a conduit pipe for speaker wire. however I realized that there is no wiring from projector to my stereo amp, either for hdmi and nor for audio. :-(

I was all the time thinking that projectors have cast facility so from my mobile I can cast youtube videos to projector. But then realized that sound would then come from the small speakers of projector, and not from my audio speakers.
Ok if stereo is your main purpose why look at a projector? Fm’s who have a projector have it hooked to an avr which will do all the video,audio processing where the audio signals are sent to the speakers and the video is sent to the projector. If you can provide more details on what exactly is your requirement Fm’s can guide you in the right path

My requirement is to use a projector with current stereo setup. I know the sound may not be surround and even the center channel is not there, but as of now it is fine. I will be replacing my floor standing speakers with book shelf speakers due to space constraint and mounting the book shelf speakers at 6-7 foot height.

The projection will be done between the space of the two speakers. My amplifier setup is not in between, rather it is on the extreme left hence I can project picture in-between the speaker wall, which is having an area of 6 feet horizontally.

Now for projector, it would come on the back wall. I was thinking to use amazon fire stick which takes video remotely via casting, and outputs sound either to the hdmi or bluetooth speaker. Another option is apple tv, which also does something similar. So getting video output seems ok due to cast / airplay feature and no wire is required. However the sound is my concern. I do not have provision to do internal wiring from projector to Amp, due to wall/pillar/beam constraint. So either I do external wiring but then the quality of sound will depend upon how good the analog output of projector is. If i plan to use the bluetooth functionality of firestick/apple tv, then my concern is about the quality of sound. In that case ofcourse I will have to connect a bluetooth receiver to my amp for receiving the sound.

My requirement is to use a projector with current stereo setup. I know the sound may not be surround and even the center channel is not there, but as of now it is fine. I will be replacing my floor standing speakers with book shelf speakers due to space constraint and mounting the book shelf speakers at 6-7 foot height.

The projection will be done between the space of the two speakers. My amplifier setup is not in between, rather it is on the extreme left hence I can project picture in-between the speaker wall, which is having an area of 6 feet horizontally.

Now for projector, it would come on the back wall. I was thinking to use amazon fire stick which takes video remotely via casting, and outputs sound either to the hdmi or bluetooth speaker. Another option is apple tv, which also does something similar. So getting video output seems ok due to cast / airplay feature and no wire is required. However the sound is my concern. I do not have provision to do internal wiring from projector to Amp, due to wall/pillar/beam constraint. So either I do external wiring but then the quality of sound will depend upon how good the analog output of projector is. If i plan to use the bluetooth functionality of firestick/apple tv, then my concern is about the quality of sound. In that case ofcourse I will have to connect a bluetooth receiver to my amp for receiving the sound.
Ok still I am confused. Why do you need a projector for listening to music. Never mind my confusion. So if you are looking to watch contents from amazon firestick in a projector and get the Audio as well from your speakers the easiest way will be through an avr. If there are other simpler ways let other fm’s who are aware comment and guide you.

Not sure if it is possible in the Fire TV to bifurcate audio and video signals via Bluetooth. Even if it does, I would not rely on bluetooth for this kind of arrangement. As there can be a time lag in audio and Video which can be very annoying. As other FMs suggested an AVR is the best bet. Any used AVR with pre-out will work great with your stereo system. Additionally, you can use any other android based media player which has analog out but I am not sure if it can output via RCA alongside HDMI for projector.
Fire TV is not only a casting device like Chromecast. It is a media player with remote in itself which uses inbuilt / add on apps to play Netflix, Prime Video, Youtube, Hotstar etc.

Ok still I am confused. Why do you need a projector for listening to music. Never mind my confusion. So if you are looking to watch contents from amazon firestick in a projector and get the Audio as well from your speakers the easiest way will be through an avr. If there are other simpler ways let other fm’s who are aware comment and guide you.
are nahi.... projector is ofcourse for visual.

and do you mean, the firestick should be connected to AVR? and the avr will bifurcate video and audio?

are nahi.... projector is ofcourse for visual.

and do you mean, the firestick should be connected to AVR? and the avr will bifurcate video and audio?
Yes just plug it directly to one of the avr Hdmi input. The video will be sent to the projector and the audio to the speakers.

Yes just plug it directly to one of the avr Hdmi input. The video will be sent to the projector and the audio to the speakers.

Is it possible to use HDMI and output audio via RCA? I think in my AVR, if I use source as HDMI, audio is also being passed through HDMI. I have to check again though.

Is it possible to use HDMI and output audio via RCA? I think in my AVR, if I use source as HDMI, audio is also being passed through HDMI. I have to check again though.
Why you want to use Hdmi and rca for audio? Using Hdmi for both makes it simple and clean. If you have connected the firestick to your tv then you can use the RCA or optical out from tv for audio. But if you have connected the firestick to an avr Hdmi input the video is going to be sent to the tv and the Audio to the speakers.

If you have connected the firestick to your tv then you can use the RCA or optical out from tv for audio
Second that!!.
I've connected firestick to HDMI port of TV, then have used optical out of TV feeding to DAC and RCA out of DAC to stereo amp.

As others said, if you have an AVR, the best method is to plug it into your AVR

If you Do Not have an AVR, you can plug the stick into your projector and pair a BT speaker to the firestick - that too works flwlessly with no lag
FWIW, I use a firstick plugged into a portable projector and paired to an old JBL BT boombox for outdoor viewing and it works absolutely fine

As others said, if you have an AVR, the best method is to plug it into your AVR

If you Do Not have an AVR, you can plug the stick into your projector and pair a BT speaker to the firestick - that too works flwlessly with no lag
FWIW, I use a firstick plugged into a portable projector and paired to an old JBL BT boombox for outdoor viewing and it works absolutely fine
ok, good to know that. and did you find any lag in the bluetooth sound or lip-sync issue?

ok, good to know that. and did you find any lag in the bluetooth sound or lip-sync issue?
None that I noticed
Keep in mind that my BT+projector use-case is for non critical viewing so if there are any subtle issues, i wouldn’t have noticed

None that I noticed
Keep in mind that my BT+projector use-case is for non critical viewing so if there are any subtle issues, i wouldn’t have noticed
One more question. It is something which I have observed about volume disparity when we play music vs when we play video.

E.g. keeping the speaker same, if may be bluetooth or amp + speaker,
if we play music it sounds fine. The level of volume is consistent.
however as soon as we connect TV sound to it, or play any movie/serial via youtube, then the volume rises and lowers. sometimes the dialogue becomes loud, some times the song in the movie becomes loud and in general the level is not consistent and we have to decrease/increase the volume frequently. it sounds kind of artificial sometimes.

None that I noticed

When i connect my BT headphones with firestick, there is very minimal but noticeable lag.

I am using firetv stick with my PJ. My setup is as below

FireTV stick -> AVR -> TV and PJ. My AVR has two outputs , one goes to PJ and other to TV

Is using AVR mandatory and how much is the avr contributing to the chain?
Because the main receive and processing of video is done by firestick. AVR may only redirect the video as an output hdmi.
For audio avr will only convert the sound from digital-to-analog, right?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back