Amazon launches Amazon Music HD for HiRes music for US, the UK, Germany, and Japan

subhobh

Though there is no word on if this service will be available in India, I hope they launch it for India soon.

Hope they launch it in India with regional titles in multichannel out.. Not sure if this would be a concern for amazon, as they are the streaming partner for most regional movies.. For once, atleast India would get better options (if it happens) than the international offering.. :)

Ahh !! Tried the Amazon UK for HD Music, in vain. It's seeking a payment card or mode of that particular region.
Thought it would work as smooth as Tidal or even Qubuz, but alas :(

Good that Amazon and Qobuz not supporting MQA which will make them cheaper. MQA is totally unnecessary anyway - just a new scheme devised to make additional money.

Anyway early reviews of Amazon Music HD look promising:

Looks awesome! I can't wait to avail of this in India.

Ahh !! Tried the Amazon UK for HD Music, in vain. It's seeking a payment card or mode of that particular region.
Thought it would work as smooth as Tidal or even Qubuz, but alas :(

Can someone help me with how can I use any hi-res music streaming services in India such as Tidal or even Qubuz?

With VPN you can use them. For Tidal, use Turkey VPN address as it is cheaper. For Qobuz, Uk is fine.
I have Qubuz and Tidal subscription already. Had to use the VPN service while creating that premium/studio subscription for Qubuz. Tidal was a breeze.

But this Amazon HD isn't registering my credit card saying it doesn't belongs to the region of service, even when am using VPN :(

Never mind, will crack this soon.

In India for new tracks ...music companies might be able to offer real HD ....for older tracks they will use software to convert and name it has HD ....

Good that Amazon and Qobuz not supporting MQA which will make them cheaper. MQA is totally unnecessary anyway - just a new scheme devised to make additional money.

Anyway early reviews of Amazon Music HD look promising:

BTW, Qobuz is the most expensive music streaming service. Way too expensive than Tidal, Amazon, Apple Music.
I pay almost double to Qobuz as compared to Tidal.

BTW, Qobuz is the most expensive music streaming service. Way too expensive than Tidal, Amazon, Apple Music.
I pay almost double to Qobuz as compared to Tidal.

What subscription of Tidal do you have Premium or Hifi?

Hifi seems to be double the price in America $20 and Qobuz is $15. My undertanding is that to get the final MQA unfold in Tidal-Hifi you would need a MQA capable DAC which means you need to pay 25% premium on the DAC itself as well as higher subscription fees. Money down the drain if you ask me. Better to use that money to buy some super quality FLAC recordings from HDtracks.

Use tidal turkey-20 TR pm=260 INR approx. Even if MQA not unfolding fully, those tracks will play as CD quality FLACs without any problem

What subscription of Tidal do you have Premium or Hifi?

Hifi seems to be double the price in America $20 and Qobuz is $15. My undertanding is that to get the final MQA unfold in Tidal-Hifi you would need a MQA capable DAC which means you need to pay 25% premium on the DAC itself as well as higher subscription fees. Money down the drain if you ask me. Better to use that money to buy some super quality FLAC recordings from HDtracks.
Valid point there @Kumar101
I have Tidal HiFi that costs $ 19.99 per month.
And I pay $ 24.99 per month for Qobuz Studio

So, not actually double, as I wrongly mentioned earlier.

In fact, my Audiolab 6000N isn't capable of decoding MQA.
So, am just playing MQA format on my iPhone through DragonFly Cobalt into my IEM, if & when I get time. Must confess, this Cobalt + IEM is a rare chance or opportunity and am planning to sell them off.
So, must go with your suggestion and downgrade to Tidal Premium instead of HiFi.

Many thanks for pointing this simple and logical saving @Kumar101

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back