One Plus U and Y series launched with Dolby Audio

Software support for what?i would rather buy a 35k tv and purchase fire tv 4k.It works flawlessly on my iffalcon.UI is fast and reponsive even voice command works flawlessly in youtube or netflix and offcourse on tv.

OnePlus as phone company is good but it will take them years to make good tv.Also I have not seen a single useful information about oneplus tv costing 70k.can some one tell me where can i find the info about contrast ratio,peak brightness,input lag etc etc.

I am pretty sure it will perform very similar to my 2018 iffalcon tv if we put it side by side.which i purchased for 35k.This is true for other tvs also VU and TCL and what not .For me they all are same tv.VA panels with 300-400 brightness and lot of jargons.
OnePlus is still supporting the q1 in terms of updates, it will get the android tv 10 and probably the 11 as well. Sure they have a long way to go, and regarding the specs I hope it gets mentioned on Amazon when it's available to purchase. I personally will wait until it comes to a store to check it first. Also the software is seamless in terms of using your phone to control the tv. The picture quality should be on par with the tcl c8 or c715 as they mention it covers 93% DCI P3. I don't think the budget VA tvs support that. Also the OnePlus community is responsive and helps out in sorting issues, their oneplus tv thread is quite active.

Software support for what?i would rather buy a 35k tv and purchase fire tv 4k.It works flawlessly on my iffalcon.UI is fast and reponsive even voice command works flawlessly in youtube or netflix and offcourse on tv.

OnePlus as phone company is good but it will take them years to make good tv.Also I have not seen a single useful information about oneplus tv costing 70k.can some one tell me where can i find the info about contrast ratio,peak brightness,input lag etc etc.

I am pretty sure it will perform very similar to my 2018 iffalcon tv if we put it side by side.which i purchased for 35k.This is true for other tvs also VU and TCL and what not .For me they all are same tv.VA panels with 300-400 brightness and lot of jargons.

Let me clarify you one thing.. I was in same position few months back deciding between OnePlus Q1 and TCL C8.. Then I picked TCL C8 since it played all my demo videos without a sweat and it looked great too even when compared to OnePlus QLED tv.. But TCL gave a FW update (for which u don't have an option to skip) a week back that screwed up HDR10 PQ.. now it looks washed out/over exposed on human faces closeup.. It was fine before that.. So now tell me will I benifit having a firestick in this case?? Sadly no since even in that the HDR is gonna perform same.. I have a MI Box S and HDR is same washedout now.. Now I have to wait for next update which I don't know when will it come and will that resolve this issue or not.. but if this has happened on oneplus I can simply raise a bug report for which fix will surely come in next update.. This is why software experience and support is very important..

Let me clarify you one thing.. I was in same position few months back deciding between OnePlus Q1 and TCL C8.. Then I picked TCL C8 since it played all my demo videos without a sweat and it looked great too even when compared to OnePlus QLED tv.. But TCL gave a FW update (for which u don't have an option to skip) a week back that screwed up HDR10 PQ.. now it looks washed out/over exposed on human faces closeup.. It was fine before that.. So now tell me will I benifit having a firestick in this case?? Sadly no since even in that the HDR is gonna perform same.. I have a MI Box S and HDR is same washedout now.. Now I have to wait for next update which I don't know when will it come and will that resolve this issue or not.. but if this has happened on oneplus I can simply raise a bug report for which fix will surely come in next update.. This is why software experience and support is very important..
I read your review on the tcl c8. I thought it was very insightful. I was worried about the exact scenario you are facing. This is why I am sceptical on the tcl c715.

I read your review on the tcl c8. I thought it was very insightful. I was worried about the exact scenario you are facing. This is why I am sceptical on the tcl c715.

Yes.. now I feel I should have waited for OnePlus U1.. C715 also is built on same chasis (RT51) as C8 so FW updates are same for both.. This issue was mentioned in Digit review for TCL C715 as well which they confirmed is not resolved fully.. I have the latest update as well so I am just hoping it to resolve in next update.. I hope TCL will not disappoint me.. If I had OnePlus and faced similar issue I am sure they will resolve it in next update.. They even send hotfix seperately to your TV alone (based on your SN) if u face some unique issue.. such that is their support..

I will probably update my review thread in few days on my opinion for the latest OTA..

Last edited:
Well I never update my tv since its always on the fire tv stick.It never goes to the default tv screen or any setting.I dont know if my tv is getting update may be or may be not.Also my HDR10 also messed up in 2018 in some updates before using firestick.I have done some tweaking specially in gamma and now its alright.You can also try that.

I dont know about updates because i have not received any because my tv is always on firestick mode.either they have not updated it or I have not checked.But i assume since it been 1.5 yrs there may be some updates.Anyways the tv is basic 35k tv its not gonna have miracle after software updates.So in future also i am not gonna update my tv.

End of day its your choice and your money.so if you want to spend double software and support then do it.

It's almost comical how these news channels also get to "review" tv s ... Just like mobile phone.

Dcip3 colour ----- oooh very nice colours
Thin bezels ----- oooh verrrry thin ekdum mast
Dolby vision ---- oooo verry vibrant colorful

Now comes the actual fun part which is rest of the 80% of the review

DOLBY ATM..... ------ stop stop, arre baba say no more, DOLBY hai toh boom boom verry nice sound, very loud. Can fill your garden or when you take it on a picnic.

Aaaand this tv has ultra cpu and with terabytes of ram which is best to play games at 8k, and this tv can also wash your dishes sometimes, and very nice battery backup with 100000mah ultra lithium ion battery. Did we mention this tv can also show your favourite ticktock videos at 4k resolution on a fullscreen mode, along with dolby sound. Yes yes DOLBY, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT. Dolby dolby dolby boom boom.

Fin.
loved your take on Indian tv reviewers, I alwz felt the same, noone does a review likertings or hdtv test vincent guy or digital trends in India.

After getting C8 - you should have stopped looking at newer TVs and this TV forum. There will always be new launches and tech upgrades to provide a better experience.

LOL.. Yes.. but like a lot of people I visit a few forums frequently to see what's happening on the tech world.. But truth to be told, C8 still is a great TV. They have cleared few bugs and also included few new options in the latest FW.. Just that the HDR picture deteriorated a bit. I hope they fix it in next OTA.. I will try to contact TCL to see how they respond to it..

LOL.. Yes.. but like a lot of people I visit a few forums frequently to see what's happening on the tech world.. But truth to be told, C8 still is a great TV. They have cleared few bugs and also included few new options in the latest FW.. Just that the HDR picture deteriorated a bit. I hope they fix it in next OTA.. I will try to contact TCL to see how they respond to it..
TCL is pretty responsive on Facebook I think. Do give that a shot.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back