Panasonic 2018 4k HDR TV Series

ruud_pukya

Hi,
Has anyone seen the new Panasonic TV Series in Showrooms? Below are models to be launched in India. Any idea on the pricing will be helpfull
4 Year Extended warranty on 4K Models ( 1 Year comprehensive + 3 Years on Panel)
Duration- 14th June till 15th July18
Models covered :-
TH-55FX730D
TH-49FX730D
TH-55FX650D
TH-49FX650D
TH-43FX650D
TH-65FX600D
TH-55FX600D
TH-49FX600D
TH-43FX600D

FX-700 Series
All other Panasonic 4K HDR models shipping this year, the FX700 is Multi-HDR capable. That means we can expect HDR10+ support on top of regular HDR and HLG (Hybrid Log-gamma) HDR compatibility In Panasonic’s 2018 TV line-up, the 4K HDR FX700 sits above the brand’s entry-level FX600 range.The edge-lit panel is astonishingly thin (indeed, the entire FX700 range is 20% thinner than last year’s equivalent models), and boasts a slim gunmetal grey metal frame which looks rather pretty. It also comes with a Switch Design stand and the feet can be positioned at either full width or moved closer together, depending on the type of furniture you intend to plonk it on.The edge-lit screen offers Local Dimming with digital control, and has a Wide Colour Gamut pane.
The local dimming implementation is said to be the same as that on the EX700 2017 models - which, at the time, we felt was above par.
The FX700 has a 1600Hz motion handling engine, although this is useful only for differentiating between Panasonic’s own line-up. It doesn’t translate into a real world metric.

FX-650 & 600 Series
Now we enter ‘entry-level’ territory for the 4K Ultra HD models. You still get the switchable feet, but you lose the local dimming. Instead, this set will use an ‘adaptive backlight dimming’, which essentially adjusts the brightness and contrast depending on the content.

Awaiting the pricing and comparision with Samsung 2018 UHD lineup which starts at Rs. 64,900 for 43 Inch.

Pushkar

I went and inquired about the same @ Panasonic store yesterday and they have the price list with them along with the specification. The brochure is not arrived yet but they promised that they'll give a call once it arrives. I don't remember exactly the details, the top end 55 730d which i was looking for was around 1.24L. If possible i'll visit back and get the full price list.

I went and inquired about the same @ Panasonic store yesterday and they have the price list with them along with the specification. The brochure is not arrived yet but they promised that they'll give a call once it arrives. I don't remember exactly the details, the top end 55 730d which i was looking for was around 1.24L. If possible i'll visit back and get the full price list.
Thanks mate would be interested in pricing of TH-55FX600D & TH-49FX600D as I think rest of them would be above my budget :(

I went and inquired in Panasonic Showroom, last time when i went they showed me the price list and with good interest. I'm not sure why this time they're not interested in selling anything. I asked for MRP and they just uttered some vague numbers ... Even after repeated inquiry they just not in a mood to sell any. I asked for 65EX750D and they said they don't have any without even checking. I asked them to check with the stock and they were not interested. Strange experience. Never going to visit their brand showroom hereafter.

I went to Girias and contrast to it. They're willing to sell and give all the details. One thing is that the 730D model specification is not out so they couldn't get any. I asked them to check for HCX processor. That's my only criteria. They quoted me lesser than anyone else. I checked for only 55" models.

600 around 75k
650 around 95k
730 around 115k

I think we can bargain for a little extra. Overall if I'm buying i'll go to local sellers or online rather than any brand shops. Just showcases.

I went and inquired in Panasonic Showroom, last time when i went they showed me the price list and with good interest. I'm not sure why this time they're not interested in selling anything. I asked for MRP and they just uttered some vague numbers ... Even after repeated inquiry they just not in a mood to sell any. I asked for 65EX750D and they said they don't have any without even checking. I asked them to check with the stock and they were not interested. Strange experience. Never going to visit their brand showroom hereafter.

I went to Girias and contrast to it. They're willing to sell and give all the details. One thing is that the 730D model specification is not out so they couldn't get any. I asked them to check for HCX processor. That's my only criteria. They quoted me lesser than anyone else. I checked for only 55" models.

600 around 75k
650 around 95k
730 around 115k

I think we can bargain for a little extra. Overall if I'm buying i'll go to local sellers or online rather than any brand shops. Just showcases.

Which Girias quoted this?
600d @75k????

Which Girias quoted this?
600d @75k????

Koramangala ...

And more to it, I don't find that much difference between 600 and 650. The obvious difference i see are Bluetooth accessories including audio, 650 has Super Bright Panel Plus whereas 600 gets Super Bright Panel, speakers on 650 is box bottom whereas 600 gets open bottom and 650 gains .5 kg more than 600.

Specifications of 730 is not yet out. Last thing i remember is that it has WCG panel for better clarity.

Last edited:
Panasonic India website updated it's portfolio with details on the latest 730D and 800D series 4k TVs. Now waiting for the pricing details. 800D might compete with SK series of LG and 8 series of Sony. Low price is the only key for Panasonic. Since SK series of LG using a Direct LED. They need to severely undercut the competition to stay in game.

Panasonic India website updated it's portfolio with details on the latest 730D and 800D series 4k TVs. Now waiting for the pricing details. 800D might compete with SK series of LG and 8 series of Sony. Low price is the only key for Panasonic. Since SK series of LG using a Direct LED. They need to severely undercut the competition to stay in game.
Went to LG they have Latest 2018 UK series. 55UK6360 costs 86000. Same model in USA is 39000. :mad::mad:Tv companies are looting Indians

Went to LG they have Latest 2018 UK series. 55UK6360 costs 86000. Same model in USA is 39000. :mad::mad:Tv companies are looting Indians

And that too, the manufacture location is nearer to us than them :p Competition is the key since we're not used to changing items frequently lifestyle. But when it's cheap we won't bother to switch every few years.

600 around 75k
650 around 95k
730 around 115k

I have shortlisted Panasonic 55fx600D and LG 55uk6360. Pana costs 75k and LG costs 82k. Both have similar specs. LG has advantage by Webos which is fabulous over pana my home screen 3.0. Panasonic is providing 4 years warranty which adds peace to the mind. What would you recommend? Can't risk TCL brand yet due to customer service and only 1 year warranty though liked look and specs of TCL C6.

I have shortlisted Panasonic 55fx600D and LG 55uk6360. Pana costs 75k and LG costs 82k. Both have similar specs. LG has advantage by Webos which is fabulous over pana my home screen 3.0. Panasonic is providing 4 years warranty which adds peace to the mind. What would you recommend? Can't risk TCL brand yet due to customer service and only 1 year warranty though liked look and specs of TCL C6.
TCL C6 is it's PR hoax,ignore!

TCL P6 is not offecially released here and whatever available now is some import junk from Pakistan or some other country. The offecial P6 will run on android and will have better specs. The one that's currently on sale is not even clear on warranty. STAY OUT.

Out of these two it's better to take a close look at the showroom since the 600D is already available, not sure about the 636. But it's the bare lower end of the spectrum. It won't even support HDR. If you can wait, wait for a little for prices to come down. Independence sale can be something you can look forward too. By Diwali the prices will normalize. 600D and 636 are both bare minimum 4k. If you don't have much expectation both won't disappoint you.

How is the My home screen 3.0 interface?

I've seen it in person and it's fine. Most of the apps work fine. It's fast and non intrusive ... Not sure about the Indian apps but they say that everything will work fine, same as web os. There are videos available in YouTube on walkthroughs. You'll get an idea.

Don't depend on TV Os or Apps for selection of LED TV. You can add Android TV box at the cost of 3-5 K and can have better interface with countless apps. Picture quality, Build quality and warranty period matter the most. In 4k TV atleast go for HDR10. If DV is there than that is additional bonus. Most of the UHD Blu-ray movies have HDR10.

TCL P6 is not offecially released here and whatever available now is some import junk from Pakistan or some other country. The offecial P6 will run on android and will have better specs. The one that's currently on sale is not even clear on warranty. STAY OUT.

Out of these two it's better to take a close look at the showroom since the 600D is already available, not sure about the 636. But it's the bare lower end of the spectrum. It won't even support HDR. If you can wait, wait for a little for prices to come down. Independence sale can be something you can look forward too. By Diwali the prices will normalize. 600D and 636 are both bare minimum 4k. If you don't have much expectation both won't disappoint you.
I have seen 55UK6360 in showrooms and is available for purchase. Only downside is it doesn't have local dimming. This is good 4k for entry level. Ratings review below
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uk6300

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back