Panasonic 2018 4k HDR TV Series

Went to Girias to inquire about 800D, no information as of now so the details were that of previous inquiry 730D for 1.1L and 650D around 95k and 600D for around 75k.

How is the My home screen 3.0 interface?
Sorry for delay... the purchase sort of ended in nightmare.. Yes.. after eagerly unpacking noticed the TV was dead after few minutes!!! :(.. killed all the excitement.. couldn't turn on second time. After usual follow up with Panasonic installation team and Tata Cliq .. who offered to repair the unit! OR will be offered a different unit with higher spec from FX series didn't feel like picking alternates (ofcourse for higher price).. so opted for return/refund..
Dont know..may be just my luck or pure coincidence .. lost interest in top brands for now...
the whole above drama took a month of followup calls and confusions..

Might opt for TCL or Sanyo after some days...

Sorry for delay... the purchase sort of ended in nightmare.. Yes.. after eagerly unpacking noticed the TV was dead after few minutes!!! :(.. killed all the excitement.. couldn't turn on second time. After usual follow up with Panasonic installation team and Tata Cliq .. who offered to repair the unit! OR will be offered a different unit with higher spec from FX series didn't feel like picking alternates (ofcourse for higher price).. so opted for return/refund..
Dont know..may be just my luck or pure coincidence .. lost interest in top brands for now...

That's so unfortunate.

We should stick with offline channels while buying TV more than 45k. Panasonic showroom offers 4 year panel warranty which might have helped. But still very unfortunate incident and that too on new series. Should have posted video on social media so Panasonic would have responded better

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/panasonic-launches-new-range-of-4k-oled-led-tvs-in-india-1889645

Panasonic India on Wednesday announced its debut in the OLED TV segment with a new lineup of two series, along with 11 models in the 4K segment. The OLED lineup comes in 55-inch FZ950 and 65-inch FZ1000 series, starting at Rs. 2,99,000. Both the series are equipped with features like Hexa Chroma Drive Pro colour management system, an Absolute Black Filter, Super Bright Panel, Ultra Fine Tuning Technology, and thin Dynamic Blade Speakers.

I'm so shocked at their OLED pricing! Why would anyone in their right mind would purchase a Panasonic for 3 lakhs?

Are they really this dumb?

I'm so shocked at their OLED pricing! Why would anyone in their right mind would purchase a Panasonic for 3 lakhs?

Are they really this dumb?

It's the MRP, The initial price will be a lot less. It's some of the ways recently employed by the big companies to lure customers to show them that they're getting in a discount and reduce their bargaining price. I've experienced this in every showroom, As soon as we press bargaining they'll say, Sir, see the MRP I'm already giving out at my maximum discount. So my strategy is that I never care about MRP. Check prices online, check each and every available stores, bargain at every single place and get where we're getting it cheaper.

It's the MRP, The initial price will be a lot less. It's some of the ways recently employed by the big companies to lure customers to show them that they're getting in a discount and reduce their bargaining price. I've experienced this in every showroom, As soon as we press bargaining they'll say, Sir, see the MRP I'm already giving out at my maximum discount. So my strategy is that I never care about MRP. Check prices online, check each and every available stores, bargain at every single place and get where we're getting it cheaper.

Though I'm not in the market to buy a tv right now as my brother just got one (TCL P2M 65') but I might upgrade my smaller 42' with 49' or 55' in nov or dec.

Were you able to find the price for these new Panasonic LEDs?

Also, have anyone of you used Panasonic 4k. Man, I didn't even know Panasonic also sold 4k TVs until I came across this thread!!

I am only interested in build quality and panel quality. Software is secondary and can be completely ignored as anything apart from AndroidTV is useless as far I'm concerned.

A friend got a LG 752T recently and web os doesn't even have an app for hotstar. Just few international services like Netflix, Amazon. There are hardly any Indian specific apps nor webos voice search is optimised for India. Fails to recognise him half the time.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/panasonic-launches-new-range-of-4k-oled-led-tvs-in-india-1889645

Panasonic India on Wednesday announced its debut in the OLED TV segment with a new lineup of two series, along with 11 models in the 4K segment. The OLED lineup comes in 55-inch FZ950 and 65-inch FZ1000 series, starting at Rs. 2,99,000. Both the series are equipped with features like Hexa Chroma Drive Pro colour management system, an Absolute Black Filter, Super Bright Panel, Ultra Fine Tuning Technology, and thin Dynamic Blade Speakers.

My respect towards Panasonic increased after following his thread
Have a look on his take..

All the panel are from lg. Flat panels HD rates the LG 2018 models over the Panasonic ones. Still waiting for HDR formats to mature and 65 inch panels to fall below that 2 lac mark.

Till then a VU 65 inch HDR led which comes for 70000 to 80000 can be a run of the mill driver.

OLED do suffer from burnin. Especially from channel logos and Tata SKY letters.

Thank you all for your comments.

Purchased from Reliance Digital Pune TH-55FX730D @ 107,392.

TH-55FX730D comes with local dimming (not just edge led).

TH-55FX730D on amazon for 109,990/-
Any idea whether the 4 year company warranty apply when buying from amazon/online also or only from physical stores?

Hi All,

I am in the market to replace my old Panasonic (TH-P42XT50D) which has developed vertical lines. I am about to purchase Panasonic 108 cm (43 inches) TH-43FX650D 4K LED Smart TV (Gray) from Amazon.

The specs mention: Warranty Information: 1 year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase and Addition 3 years warranty on panel for purchases between Oct 1st and Nov 15th, 2018 offered by Panasonic.

hey can you please tell us about the HDR performance of the tv? Is it a 10bit panel and bright enough for HDR? I'm also in the market looking for a tv under 80k with good hdr performance.

Hi, can you give a little summary interms of your experience with FX730D till now.. I am looking for a TV in this category preferably Panasonic

Hi, can you give a little summary interms of your experience with FX730D till now.. I am looking for a TV in this category preferably Panasonic
If you can wait till few more months, their new 2019 - GX series must come to India.
It is already available in the UK with 800 & 820 models.
The major difference between FX and GX series are two. 1. Dolby Vision and 2. HCX Processors.
According to many tech reviewers, Dolby Vision on top of HDR10+ makes your viewing significantly better than having HDR alone.
And HCX processors are only available in 2018 Models. But, with 2019 lineup HCX processor is available in non-OLED TVs as well. HCX processors have gathered a lot of praise, hence, it is something that is to be looked forward to.
As far as FX730D is concerned, it is a very good choice, if you don't want to wait.
Only problem with Panasonic is its OS for which there are not many Indian apps available.

If you can wait till few more months, their new 2019 - GX series must come to India.
It is already available in the UK with 800 & 820 models.
The major difference between FX and GX series are two. 1. Dolby Vision and 2. HCX Processors.
According to many tech reviewers, Dolby Vision on top of HDR10+ makes your viewing significantly better than having HDR alone.
And HCX processors are only available in 2018 Models. But, with 2019 lineup HCX processor is available in non-OLED TVs as well. HCX processors have gathered a lot of praise, hence, it is something that is to be looked forward to.
As far as FX730D is concerned, it is a very good choice, if you don't want to wait.
Only problem with Panasonic is its OS for which there are not many Indian apps available.

For me Picture Quality has higher priority than any other feature ; be it "Smartness" or "Audio" ... This can be enhanced anypoint of time with additional accessories ... i am using google Chormecast since 2015 . . its a matter of time tatasky/Airtel/D2H Set top box will be equipped with Android and work as Android box with DTH features. ..
In Amazon and other online portals FX730d is available in 75K ... i doubt whether the GX will be at same price point . I had one more option in my mind for TCL 55c6 ; which is yet to be available in market.. .. As per spec it is almost equivalent to this range of Branded TVs.

Any suggestions on other Brands in this price point . !!

Last edited:
You may go to a local Croma and check out TCL 55C2US.
It is the grandfather of the C6 series.
But, you will get the idea about the C6 from that.
I liked the 55C2US a lot when I saw it recently.
Yes, for 59,999Rs launch price TCL 55C6US will be a great deal.
The fact is, with below 1lakh budget there isn't really any value for money 55" or above TV from any known brand names.
If you can stretch your budget a little bit, you may get Samsung Q60 QLED 49" TV (currently Q60 which is 2019 series is only available in local stores).
No matter what people say about Q60 series (of being the lowest of the bunch), QLED is QLED and is better than any LED model no matter what.
TCL's iFfalcon has also launched a QLED 10days back. It is upgraded model of TCL's X4. iFfalcon's 65" V2A is for 99,999. But was available for 89,000 during launch offer for 3 days. Probably it will be offered with the same deal whenever's Flipkart's new sale is there. I wanted to buy that but is "Not Deliverable" to my city or few other cities close by probably due to limited stock that is distributed to only big metro cities of India.
Please don't get LG in any circumstance. Its below 80k IPS models are really bad in terms of backlight and contrast. It's higher end LED models with NanoCell tech are very good but, are expensive.
If I were you, my 1st choice would be Samsung 49" Q60, or iFfalcon 65" V2A QLED. And 2nd in line would be Panasonic 730D or TCL 55C6US.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back