Amkette Flash TV - Help required

Shahrukh

So I'm not much of a video guy but I bought this nifty little device anyway. Quite convenient to use and set up on my Sony Wega.

Only hassle is the digital out. They call it a digital coaxial out and yet the output socket looks as if it can only accommodate a 3.5mm jack.

I'm stuck!!

I'm currently outputting analogue (red and white) through my Marantz AVR but would love to know how I can connect digitally.

I think the macbook also uses a 3.5mm jack for the digital o/p try a Y cable you will get the digital o/p in one of those RCAs. Computer soundcards also have a 3.5 mm digital o/p. you basically need a mono 3.5 mm to RCA converter. Try it out and see it should work.

Mac users may kindly clarify

I have a 3.5mm optical cable. Thing is, the Amkette specifically mentions co-ax!!

Are you from mumbai? I have a handheld dvd with similar problem,I think it is mono 3.5 mm jack , I bought one adapter and this jack works!!

not optical i was talking about a mono 3.5 mm to RCA try it out or if you have a Y cable to connect the Ipod to stereo you can use it. One of the RCAs will give you digital audio

Hemant. Yes I am in Mumbai. Where'd you get the jack from? Lam Road?

Dillihifi - Will give it a shot.

Cranky - I'm pretty sure it's not optical. No red lights visible.

Netfreak - Yup it's next to power. A

hey it is digital coax (ive used it on my philips receiver)...as @dilihifi said you can try the Y on YUV cable for the optical. or if you are using that cable try the red cable on the av cable. [you need to plug the 3.5mm side in to the coax side, and then either the Y or the red Aud into your receiver digital coax input)
it works!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back