Amp for B&W 802 speakers?

Thanks for the offer @daumaster , but I don’t think 50wpc will cut any ice with the 802s.
Thanks @DB1989 , the C275BEE is indeed Class AB. I’ve passed on both the links. Let’s see what he has to say.

Thanks for the offer @daumaster , but I don’t think 50wpc will cut any ice with the 802s.
Thanks @DB1989 , the C275BEE is indeed Class AB. I’ve passed on both the links. Let’s see what he has to say.
The 275bee, yep that would be nice. If at all you find a used Nad silverline, that would be awesome.

Get the nad
356 for 60k

Or
Better
Nad 375 ( 150 watts !!!)
1.6 lac

I don't think theres a better 150 watter at this price

I’m posing this question on behalf of an elderly gentleman who owns a pair of 25 year old 802s.
A few weeks ago, his vintage set of Nad pre and power amps developed a problem, and he’s unable to get the requisite spares to repair them. Hence, he’s looking to purchase an integrated amp that’s capable of driving his speakers.
The room is small to medium and listening levels are kept low, so I’m presuming massive power is not a prerequisite. However, he does want clarity at the frequency extremes as his hearing is not what it used to be.
The budget is around 1 lakh and he’s open to buying secondhand, as well. I have not heard his setup, nor am I familiar with these speakers. Any pointers to suitable matches would be highly appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
I have had a good experience with older Harman kardon amps. They have ample power similar to NAD s and rotels

I have had a good experience with older Harman kardon amps. They have ample power similar to NAD s and rotels
They can be obtained for 10-20 k..the older ones

Thank you to all, for your helpful advice and recommendations.
The gentleman has finally picked up the Rotel RA 1592 MkII integrated amp.
Will get a chance to audition the same later this month, and will post my impressions.

They can be obtained for 10-20 k..the older ones
Do you know of any available in good condition ? If so kindly pm.

Thank you to all, for your helpful advice and recommendations.
The gentleman has finally picked up the Rotel RA 1592 MkII integrated amp.
Will get a chance to audition the same later this month, and will post my impressions.
Good choice, that 200 watter Rotel will be a nice match for the vintage B&Ws, i am sure it will sound great.

Cheers.

So, it appears that the preamp is working fine, and only the power amp is kaput. And, as you’ve noted, Rikhav, I’ve just been pinged regarding an Indian power amp for sale. Will pass on the details and see what the gentleman has to say.

In the meantime, I did a quick online search and found these two:

Rotel RB 1552 MkII - Audiophile Stereo Power Amplifier | The Audio Co.

NAD C 275BEE Stereo Power Amplifier | The Audio Co.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Nad appears to be a Class D design. Which means the Rotel would be the better option, especially considering the feedback from others here. If anyone has any info regarding these two amps, please do share.
Any idea about Rotels power amp drive , power amp should be in high current for muscular drive, in this budget i think Parasound A23 + will be better.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back