Amp for Denon X2000

bikram_singh

Hey,

Do I need an amp for the follwing setup, if so which one should I go for?

Polk Audio TSx 440T Tower Speaker
Polk Audio DSW PRO550 Wi 10-Inch High Performance Subwoofer
Polk Audio TSX 250C Centre Channel Speaker
Polk Audio TSx 110B Bookshelf Speaker

Denon AVR-X2000 Integrated Network AV Receiver

bikram_singh, i doubt if Denon x2000 has main zone pre-outs to hook up a power amp. So i highly doubt if you can hook up a power amp to x2000. Receiver experts, can confirm this for sure and also suggest a receiver that allows you to hook up a power amp like the Emotiva xpa-5 later.
If i was very particular about this, i would do -
1. Select a receiver that has pre-outs for the main zone and allow me to hook up a 5 channel power amp.
2. I would just run the speakers directly on this receiver to see if i miss something. Most casual listeners (like me) would be happy.
3. If you are not happy, then you could get a power amp and hook it to the receiver.

bikram_singh, i doubt if Denon x2000 has main zone pre-outs to hook up a power amp. So i highly doubt if you can hook up a power amp to x2000. Receiver experts, can confirm this for sure and also suggest a receiver that allows you to hook up a power amp like the Emotiva xpa-5 later.
If i was very particular about this, i would do -
1. Select a receiver that has pre-outs for the main zone and allow me to hook up a 5 channel power amp.
2. I would just run the speakers directly on this receiver to see if i miss something. Most casual listeners (like me) would be happy.
3. If you are not happy, then you could get a power amp and hook it to the receiver.

Actually I am just toying with this idea as saw many people considering amp with avrs. I thought if I may need an amp for the said setup.

There are no main zone preouts on that model. You should be fine with the amp power of the denon.

Back